TTA Staple Removal Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tessa

Boxer Booster
Tessa had TTA surgery on November 1st and they just scheduled her staple removal for November 9th. The guidelines were 10-14 days. Should I be concerned about doing it in 9?

She has a small breathable bandage still on so I haven't seen the scar yet. The surgeon said it is designed to fall off in 3-4 days, but it might stay on until her staples are removed.

Anyone have experience with "early" staple removal?

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
I have never dealt with an early removal on a dog, but I have on me. Mine were stitches and it was two days early. In my case it was because I was travelling overseas. They told me before hand if the wound wasn't healed sufficiently that I would hve to keep them in. I guess what I am getting at, make sure they believe there is enough healing of you pup's incision before they remove the staples. Or even if a day ot two ahead of time if it still looks like it needs more time call ahead and ask for a later date. You could even call now and ask why they had gone against protocol. If you want you can ask for a later date. Tessa is your girl and you have a right to ask for what you think is best. Wishing an extra speedy recovery for your baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.