Trying to find a home for Bonnie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranvan

Super Boxer
When and how do you know when there really housetrained?

When there are no more accidents! :LOL:

Seriously, it wil be one day that you will suddenly say that Bonnie has not had an accident in weeks. You will realize it when she can go for hours without an accident and when you let her out, she goes right away.

atlasmom911

Boxer Insane
Sydney was almost 10 months old before I finally felt like she was potty trained. She has not had an accident in the house for awhile.

LILYLARUE

Boxer Insane
My Lily at 1-1/2 years has an accident once in a blue moon. This morning happened to be one of them. We woke up a little late, now the schedule is messed up. Both doing the peepee dance cause we both had to go really, really bad! Well, had to decide between me peeing in the yard beside Lily, or she peeing on the floor beside me.

Guess who cleaned up what?! LOL

tconnelly

Boxer Pal
Do you still have her

We got Bonnie 2 weeks ago and we didn't think it through before we got her. We just seen the cute face and said lets buy her. I now regret getting her and didn't think of how much the responsibility of a new puppy is. I want her to have a great home with a boxer lover that can give her the training and attention she deserves. She's a sweet loving dog great with children and cats. I'm posting this here cause i'm hoping that somebody would like to adopt Bonnie from us. I just don't want to give her to anybody, we want her to go to somebody that will spay her and will have her as there life long companion. I'm located in NY if anybodys interested.

Do you still have Bonnie? Are you still considering placing her in a new home? We are interested. We are the Connelly Family and are in VA and have a 4 yr. old named Joe. We have been thinking about adding someone else to our family. Let us know what you status is and do you know what state Bonnie's breeding came from.

BonnieBoxer

Boxer Buddy
Do you still have Bonnie? Are you still considering placing her in a new home? We are interested. We are the Connelly Family and are in VA and have a 4 yr. old named Joe. We have been thinking about adding someone else to our family. Let us know what you status is and do you know what state Bonnie's breeding came from.

Thanks for asking but we are keeping Bonnie. She is now 100% part of our family. I hope you find a boxer soon to add to your family.

suzyqdogsmom

Completely Boxer Crazy
I'm so glad you have decided to keep Bonnie - her picture is just adorable. As for the house training, it may be some time before she is able to hold it until you can let her out. But, I always found that once they figure out that you want them to go outside and especially if she asks to go out you have won the battle. There may be times she just can't wait, but she has already gotten the right idea. And some do train much faster than others. We got SuzyQ at 3 mos and she was not as housetrained as her previous owners led us to believe, but by 5 months she was pretty good - very few accidents. Good luck with your gorgeous baby.

whymeohio

Boxer Pal
I am also glad you have decided to keep Bonnie!!! Our Max is now 3 and has been with us for over a year now. He is great for letting us know when he has to go out, but occasionally when he has been playing with his toys I think he forgets about everything else and has the occasional accident. But, in the long run the love and loyalty of a dog wins out and I am sure you will have many happy times ahead with Bonnie....:)

BonnieBoxer

Boxer Buddy
Bonnie in 3 weeks only had 1 accident and that was mine and dh fault. We left her in her crate while we were out 1 1/2 hours past her walk time and when we came in she ran and sat by the door but we couldn't get her outside in enough time. Since then she has been great she goes and sits looking at the door and if we don't notice her she paces back to us and the door. Were hoping this is an ongoing thing and signs that she may be somewhat trained.

Chiefsmom

Boxer Insane
I just caught this thread and am so glad to see that you've decided to keep Bonnie! It sounds like you've taken the appropriate steps with her and that she is progressing well in your home! Boxers are such family oriented dogs. The bond will certainly continue to grow. Where in NY are you from? boxer play days are always helpful as well with puppies... the exercise releases some of that energy. ;)

kathysboxer

Boxer Insane
I am so happy Bonnie has found a forever home. She was meant for your family. Just don't forget that when she decides to boxer burn into you, slobber you with kisses, pins you down to nibble your ear, and lays 55# of boxer on top of you just to say I Love You Mommy. I wouldn't trade those for anything, and I know you wouldn't either. Thank you for taking this dear baby into your family and loving her. And remember, BW is always here for you if you need us.
Please give your sweet baby a hug and kiss for me tonight too.

Status
Not open for further replies.