Trying to find a home for Bonnie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonnieBoxer

Boxer Buddy
We got Bonnie 2 weeks ago and we didn't think it through before we got her. We just seen the cute face and said lets buy her. I now regret getting her and didn't think of how much the responsibility of a new puppy is. I want her to have a great home with a boxer lover that can give her the training and attention she deserves. She's a sweet loving dog great with children and cats. I'm posting this here cause i'm hoping that somebody would like to adopt Bonnie from us. I just don't want to give her to anybody, we want her to go to somebody that will spay her and will have her as there life long companion. I'm located in NY if anybodys interested.

MikaMay

Boxer Booster
Did you acquire her from a breeder? If so -- did you sign a contract? Many breeders require that there be a stipulation that the pup be returned to them, if, for some reason you cannot or do not want to keep her.

just a thought.......

Caney Creek

Boxer Insane
Sorry to hear that; at least you're realizing it now rather than waiting until she's a year old and 60 pounds. Try contacting a breed-specific rescue near you; Google "boxer rescue NY."

Or, as the above poster mentioned, contact the breeder.

BonnieBoxer

Boxer Buddy
Did you acquire her from a breeder? If so -- did you sign a contract? Many breeders require that there be a stipulation that the pup be returned to them, if, for some reason you cannot or do not want to keep her.

just a thought.......

We bought her from a puppy shop and there are no stipulations in the contract. We could give them back to her and get some money back but i'd rather take the loss and have her go to a good home then sit in a crate all day.

jamkaywill

Super Boxer
If I lived closer I would certainly take her. I have a bad case of puppy fever. Our rescue shut down and I am having a a little trouble finding a good breader in my area. If you ever decide to get another puppy please dont buy it from a pet store. Most of the puppies if not all come from puppy mills. You can google some information on them. It will make you sick it is so sad.

SherylM

Completely Boxer Crazy
Please do not return her to the store. Please contact a local rescue, they will be able to help you.

roxy_mom

Boxer Booster
We got Bonnie 2 weeks ago and we didn't think it through before we got her. We just seen the cute face and said lets buy her. I now regret getting her and didn't think of how much the responsibility of a new puppy is. I want her to have a great home with a boxer lover that can give her the training and attention she deserves. She's a sweet loving dog great with children and cats. I'm posting this here cause i'm hoping that somebody would like to adopt Bonnie from us. I just don't want to give her to anybody, we want her to go to somebody that will spay her and will have her as there life long companion. I'm located in NY if anybodys interested.

I'm curious as to if you ever found Bonnie a home?? There are some wonderful rescues and they are so much better than taking back to pet store! I think pet store should sell supplies, not pets!

Good luck!

BonnieBoxer

Boxer Buddy
I'm curious as to if you ever found Bonnie a home?? There are some wonderful rescues and they are so much better than taking back to pet store! I think pet store should sell supplies, not pets!

Good luck!

We still have Bonnie. I still have the regret of buying her but i think it is mostly do to how much money we have spent between buying her and her vet visits and all the things needed for having a dog. We do love her and we are less overwelmed about keeping her then when we 1st got her since her health has improved(she had kennel cough and an infection) and since the house breaking has been going good. We are trying our best to make things work for us and her and finding a schedule and routine that makes everybody happy. She really is a great loving dog which makes it hard for us not to keep getting more attached to her as time passes.

We are thinking about hiring a trainer to make the process easier of keeping her as some issues(nothing major just nipping at the baby's clothes when she has toys and going wild when she sees other dogs outside) have come up.

Will keep you updated on our progress thanks for remembering.

suzyqdogsmom

Completely Boxer Crazy
I hope that you are able to keep Bonnie and give her the love and the home she deserves. It is a lot of work raising a puppy, they do bad things, they make messes and they require a lot of time. A lot like children. Keep the task in perspective, just like a child, they grow and learn and after a time if treated and taught right, you realize that you don't have a goofy puppy/toddler/adolescent. Somewhere along the line the kid grew up to be a lovely young man/woman and your puppy grew up to be a mature, trained wonderful companion. The years of love and compansionship will be so much longer than the months of trial and error. I'm not about to compare having children with dogs, just that the good and bad aspects of both are similar and not forever overwhelming. Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.