1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble eating out of a bowl...

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by RockyCody, Oct 8, 2015.

1. RockyCody

RockyCody Completely Boxer Crazy

so my senior girl has been super picky with eating lately. She tries...and goes at it for awhile but then can't seem to get it all and gives up/goes lays down.

I'm wondering if she has issues eating out of the bowl? She currently uses a raised feeder (I know there are mixed opinions of that..but she's old and arthritis and it's easier for her to reach - so I'm not concerned about bloat in her anyway given her lack of activity, etc). I've tried moving it to floor and it seems really hard for her to reach. She won't eat it off that. If I use a spoon and help get the food up off the floor of the bowl - she DOES eat it and seems like she wants it from the spoon.

Any recommendations as to what I can use that she may be able to get the food off of easier? I was thinking a cookie sheet? but then that also seems like it may be more difficult because it's flat and will just slide all over....

anyone else been in this situation? what has worked for you?

2. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

Arabella doesn't like her dish near her face, so I used a clear glass pie plate. Maybe that will help Dharma.

3. RockyCody

RockyCody Completely Boxer Crazy

Thank you! This is working for her!!! She can grab the wet food/kibble mix a bit easier! We have also been there to help spoon feed her if she needs it :)

Gatorblu likes this.