Trifexis

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissDeja

Boxer Buddy
Hey guys! Just wondering if anyone else uses Trifexis (Oral flea/Heartworm medication) on their Boxers... I've used it last year, changed to topical, and just started Deja up again. When I gave her her dose last night, I remembered why I changed to topical... it smells disgusting, and I assume it doesn't taste that much better, becasue Deja ate all around it last night. I had to force her to take it because wrapping it food/treats/cheese did not help... she kept popping it out. I'm going to talk to the vet about it today. I just wanted to see if anyone else had a similar experience :)

pcaro

Boxer Buddy
They gave that to Max when we just came to the States, but he did not tolerate it that well, will usually vomit after a couple of hours, so we change to heartgard.

LILYLARUE

Boxer Insane
There's been many complaints on dogs getting negative reactions to trifexis. I stick to heartguard as my dogs won't be a drug tester......I rely on yrs of other users on meds before giving or taking them. Too many generic formulas, natural formulas on the market, an just too many bad reactions for me to be comfortable testing on my dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.