tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenz

Boxer Booster
Maggie has learned to shake, lay down, roll over (both ways), speak, and stand up on her hind legs. I am working on trying to get her to do 360's while up on two legs. Than I may work on playing dead. After that, I think I am out of ideas for tricks.

Any ideas?

------------------
Maggie - flashy fawn, born 4/2000, natural ears, part human.

tedjax

Completely Boxer Crazy
What about the treat thing on the nose? You put a treat or a cracker on her nose and then when you tell her it's ok, she snaps it in her mouth...I've only seen a lab do this, but I know boxers are much smarter and more talented than labs!!! ;)

------------------
Trish
Indy-Neutered, Natural, Fawn, Flashy-10/6/98
Beauty-Spayed,Cropped, Fawn, Black Mask-9/20/94; Adopted from rescue in New Orleans
Shiloh-10/18/85 to 10/14/98; Waiting for me at the Bridge

Krikkit

Boxer Insane
A bow is always cute :) I taught Ruben to weave through my legs as I walk along (yes, I am tall). I have to take a longer stride than usual and we can now go about 20 steps :) He also crawls along the ground commando style - this was something he did naturally - all I did was give it a 'name' LOL.

------------------
Sharon
Bella (Red&White 03.07.94) Layla (Brindle&White - 03.12.94) Ruben & Amy (Red&White littermates 15.09.98) Bo, Tess and Rebel in our hearts.
AgilityBoxer.Com

Bxrlvr in KC

Boxer Booster
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tedjax:
What about the treat thing on the nose? You put a treat or a cracker on her nose and then when you tell her it's ok, she snaps it in her mouth...I've only seen a lab do this, but I know boxers are much smarter and more talented than labs!!! ;)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clyde does the nose thing...and he'll do it with almost anything that I can get to rest on his nose....Kong, ball, treat, whatever.

Cricket will rub her paw across her eye and nose when I say "Don't cry, Cricket!" It's very cute. We taught her that by putting a piece of scotch tape on her nose and when she went to rub it off, gave her the command.

------------------
Michelle

Mom to:
Clyde - Flashy fawn male, natural ears, 3/28/98
Cricket - Beautiful rescued black mutt, 1/98

chickenz

Boxer Booster
Like the nose idea. Walking between your legs, that's awesome. That would be tough, but maybe I'll give it a go.

------------------
Maggie - flashy fawn, born 4/2000, natural ears, part human.

tedjax

Completely Boxer Crazy
I love the commando crawl! Also, the don't cry! That is so cute. I think our babies would do just about anything with patience and time. They're just so smart. Of course, mine don't do any tricks - they just sit around and look cute! Oh, I forgot, Beauty's "trick" is to lay on the floor with her back legs kicked out and graze her dry dog food out of the pan...

------------------
Trish
Indy-Neutered, Natural, Fawn, Flashy-10/6/98
Beauty-Spayed,Cropped, Fawn, Black Mask-9/20/94; Adopted from rescue in New Orleans
Shiloh-10/18/85 to 10/14/98; Waiting for me at the Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.