1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transitioning new puppy and old puppy

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by penelopesmom, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. penelopesmom

penelopesmom Boxer Pal

Hi!
    I fortunately haven't had to leave any messages lately as my first Boxer, Penelope is doing great! I can definitely say it was largely due to all of you helping! You are all wonderful! We have recently added a new male boxer to our female. He is about 12 weeks and she is almost 10 months. Penelope is currently on Canidea and loves it and we are changing Parkers to Canidea as well but obviously we have to this gradually. Is there an easy way to keep them out of each others bowl? Also, does anyone have any advice on raising two Boxers? Is there anything I should know about raising a boy compared to a girl? I love them both unconditionally and want to make sure that they each get everything they need.
    Thanks again for all of your help!

2. Net45582

Net45582 Banned

A male and a female is probably the best combination you can get when it comes to dogs getting a long. You will have to supervise feeding until they get the idea they are to eat from their bowls only.You may need to put them in seperate rooms when feeding if everything else fails. Good luck!..and have fun! Just make sure you give the older dog the respect of the alpha position...let her go out first,pay attention to her first etc

3. SandyHG55654

SandyHG55654 Banned

I have been feeding one outside and one in the kitchen so they don't get the others food.

4. penelopesmom

penelopesmom Boxer Pal

Thanks!

Thanks for info! We have been making sure put Penelope first so that she knows she isn't being pushed out. I think she really enjoys having a playmate. We just want to make sure it's an addition for all of us not a new dog for an old dog.
    Thanks for the great advice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.