Tornados

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfhtlhii

Boxer Booster
We had tornado sirens going off here in Columbus at 4:00a.m. I was wondering if anyone elso on here has had the same types of weather lately. There was a couple of reports but they haven't been confirmed yet. This was the first time I have ever heard one go off, having three skinkids and two furbabies here I was really worried. But all around this neighborhood is fine!

Connie

Scorpio

Boxer Insane
I heard of the freaky weather in the states, my friend was travelling back from Fla and hit awful weather, traffic accidents due to lightning etc. Here in Ontario Cda, I was swimming in my outside pool during the hot summer weather we had for about 4 days and a week later we had to shovel the driveway again!! Its all gone now, I took a picture of a snowman in a park with green grass all around, and my hubby working starting swimming pools in the snow:LOL: Weird!

Eric J

Boxer Insane
We have had at least one Hurricane watch this season that I can think off. Lately the new catch phrase for Wisconsin is, if you dont like the season wait a day. Within one weeks time we had over 80 degrees fahrenheit outside, sever winter weather alerts and Hurrican warnings. It has been insane lately.

Linda Lou

Boxer Booster
Hey Eric! I live in WI also. I agree with you on the weather here, it chages daily. Yesterday it was hourly!!! But, we've got to love it, we get the best and worst of all weather in the matter of 24 hours!!!

M

Ms.Kryssie

Im jealous

Wow you have a siren? we have to watch tv or hear the warning on the radio... Not good, especially if you are sleeping!!

cfhtlhii

Boxer Booster
Yes but it isn't very loud! I only heard it cause I was up with the baby. Heard something figured out it was outside opened the window and thought it was the sirens so I turned on the tv and sure enough there were tornado warnings. Had I not woke up I too would have slept straight thru it. Wish I had that is way to early to get up.:p

Connie

Zsara

Super Boxer
LaPlata Maryland is devastated by a Tornado

LaPlata is about 30 minutes from my home. It is a old town mixed with new homes and many families with children who are trying to raise their kids away from the negative influences of the city. It is on the route that John Wilkes Booth took after he asssinated Lincoln.

Last Thursday the Tornado with baseball sized hail took a turn and within a 40 mile path wiped out the town. Maryland is not on a known tornado path...luckily there were only 3 deaths and the entire town is pitching in to rebuild.

By the way on the news tonight ...another tornado watch. ::)eek:

Loke

We've been having them too! That storm that hit Maryland came through here that same day and I believe hit some other states also. I know the town that got hit in Tennessee isn't but an hour or so away. It was awful weather! I hate the thought that a tornado could rip through while we sleep!:(

Austin's Mom

Boxer Insane
Here in NJ we NEVER get tornadoes. Last night we had a tornado watch. It was scary. I don't have a basement in my house and would have no idea what to do or where to go. Bathtub maybe? Fortunately it didn't hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.