1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tongue

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by renae, Feb 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. renae

renae Boxer Pal

Our year and one half female Boxer has the longest tongue. Her tongue stick out of her mouth when she sleeping. Anyone other Boxer out there with a long tongue.

2. buddy'smom

buddy'smom Boxer Pal

Yep, my Kailee, who is 3 now, has a longer tongue than the norm. She is however able to keep it tucked in for the most part, but on a hot day, or after a run, it hangs out quite a ways. She too usually has about an inch sticking out as she sleeps. Although, it has been the subject of a few jokes etc., I personally find it to be just a part of her that shows her character.

Jean

3. RoxyRockets

RoxyRockets Boxer Pal

tongues

Well, I thought my dog had a long tongue until someone told me about www.tungdog.com :eek: This dog has a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGG tongue. Even though my girl doesn't have a super long tongue, she sure does know how to get my face all wet with her kisses. YUCK :D

4. Mom3

Mom3 Super Boxer

Renae, you are definitely not alone! Riley also has a tongue that appears to be too big for his mouth. He looks hilarious when he is laying fast asleep flat on his tummy, legs splayed out like a frog, and tongue hanging several inches out the front of his mouth. The reaction from friends to this sight is pretty funny!:p

5. Mandithemush

Mandithemush Boxer Booster

I too have a dog with an incredibly long tongue. Her tongue also hangs out a few inches when she is sleeping and gets very dry like old shoe leather. Even if you poke it she won't put it in.
    I took a picture of her when she was about 4 months old with her tongue sticking out and thought it was going to be a very rare thing to see, little did I know.
    I thought her tongue was the longest in the work until I looked at that site tungdog.com. I can't believe that!! :LOL:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.