Toe nails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pippen

Boxer Booster
I'm not sure where to post this. I don't see a grooming forum.

What does everyone use for nail care? Chloe's are sharp after clipping. I saw a commercial for a product that looked very good. Anyone use Peticure? I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link?

I'm scared to death of hurting her.

Please advise.

Thasnks

HurricaneBox

Boxer Insane
I usually use a nail file on Hurricane's after we clip them with regular dog nail trimmers, to smooth away the sharp edges (just an emery board, what you would use on your nails).

However, I know that a lot of people use a Dremmel tool or similar tool to file down their dog's nails rather than using a nail trimmer. I have heard that it is much more effective than a traditional trimmer...

Edit:
I just looked up the Peticure that that is genius!!! I am going to get one for my boy... thanks for the tip!

Last edited:

nooric

Boxer Pal
Peticure

Let us know how it works. I saw it on TV and thought it would be great but you never know. I've also heard about using a dremmel, but it does get hot.

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
Before you order I would read some reviews on the Peticure. It sounds like the batteries are very poor and don't last at all. Supposedly they are working on it. I would wait before I bought this product. Just a heads up!

Pippen

Boxer Booster
Before you order I would read some reviews on the Peticure. It sounds like the batteries are very poor and don't last at all. Supposedly they are working on it. I would wait before I bought this product. Just a heads up!

I decided to wait. Plus, $60+ is a bit expensive. We tried a dremmel yesterday and it worked just fine.

bigboychief

Boxer Booster
I just use regular dog clippers, and then a human nail file to smooth them out. I get the largest nail file I can find at the store, and file his nails like you do your own. He acts like he is getting a manicure.

BXRBESTFRIND

Super Boxer
Finlay HATES the clippers for his nails but will tolerate the dremmel. i have one from Oster brand that has an adjustable speed (new dremmels do too) of course he likes it slow because it makes less noise but I like to just get it over with so I go as fast as he can take and he gets a kong afterwards.

And its almost impossible to draw blood by going to low

rfdfirewife

Super Boxer
Heres what we did. We tried the emory (sp) boards but Addie hated them! So I took her for a short walk around the block. Amazingly just the short walk on the pavement (we're not talking too far) and her nails were filed just enough to where they were not sharp. No a days, since we got clay they play in the back yard enough in the grass their nails stay short. I still have yet to figure it out, I guess its all the burning around the yard. I will say walking them right after cutting the nails helped us. Plus its cheap!

Status
Not open for further replies.