1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

throwing up for no apparent reason

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by AMyers, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMyers

AMyers Boxer Pal

So my dog Sting is about 9 months old and basically for his entire life he has thrown up out of nowhere roughly 2-3 times a month. Usually it is in the morning, often on an empty stomach when only clearish fluid comes up but sometimes he'll throw up a whole meal. I don't know how often young dogs usually throw up, I would imagine that some of these instances are the result normal causes for dogs throwing up, like eating something weird, but it seems too frequent. I have read that some dogs have acid reflux which can cause that to happen, but I am wondering if any of you have any other ideas.

Thanks

2. Mesquite

Mesquite Boxer Booster

could be a lot of things - food issues, sensitive stomach, junk eating. My Jake eats all kinds of garbage - plastic, dryer sheets, anything fuzzy. When he pukes it's generally because his intestines are rebelling. You might want to check with your vet.

3. harleyboxer

harleyboxer Super Boxer

Harley used to vomit a lot. Part of the problem was food allergies, but the main problem was that he needed to be fed more often (acid reflux). Sometimes feeding a small meal, or even just a handful of food will help with the morning pukes. Pepcid was very helpful, and I still give it to him sometimes if I get home from work late and his stomach is bothering him. You can ask your vet for a dosage.... I would definitely try switching to an allergy diet also.

4. silly24boxer

silly24boxer Super Boxer

Gauge did this and I have found alot of Boxers have this problem. Give him a snack before bed. Some dogs just cannot go 8 hrs with out food they end up vomitting bile. So give him a snack before bed and see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.