This thyme I think I've stopped the farts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bxrlvr in KC

Boxer Booster
I was in Barnes & Noble a couple of months ago, and saw a book about using natural remedies for dog ailments. Of course as a boxer owner, the first thing I did was flip to the section on flatulence. Here is the list of herbs that this book recommended for this “ailment”:

Aniseed
Caraway
Cardamom
Catnip
Cayenne
Chamomile
Cinnamon
Clove
Coriander
Fennel
Ginger
Parsley
Peppermint
Thyme

Well, I just picked the first one that I saw on the spice rack and said a little prayer of hope. We have been adding about a ¼ teaspoon of ground thyme to Clyde’s meals (2 per day) for a couple of months now. (Clyde is about 62 pounds.) His boxer bombs have almost completely stopped! appicon We also still add a bit of yogurt to every meal, but the yogurt by itself never really helped.

Unfortunately, I don’t remember the name of the book, I just jotted down the list of suggestions.

I hope this helps others with this problem. Please let me know if you decide to try it! Good luck!

Julie Davis

Boxer Insane
Thanks for sharing those herbal remedies. I have several of those in my kitchen...but I wonder which one Boomer would like the taste of the best. How did Clyde react to the new "flavor" in his food? Did you have difficulty in getting him to eat it?

Bxrlvr in KC

Boxer Booster
Clyde did not seem to notice the difference in flavor at all. We feed Iams dry food and always moisten it with some warm water. We simply add the thyme (and yogurt) on top and kind of swirl things around in the bowl.

You might have to try some different "flavors" if Boomer is a picky eater. Fortunately, we didn't have any problems at all.

Let me know if you decide to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.