1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This made me cry

Discussion in 'Stories' started by StormiesMom, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormiesMom

StormiesMom Super Boxer

For some reason, I don't know how to put photos in a thread, but there were two photos of this dog that I wanted to share, she was so thin and trying to feed her little pups and had this look on her face that said "just, please help me"... I had to share her story from a rescue in Florida - it made me cry.

Comments from foster home:

Junebug came to FBR after Sumter County Animal Services raided a puppymill and seized multiple Boxers being used as breeding machines. She is a sweet girl who will require time to be nourished and gain her strength back before she can be spayed. Junebug is so happy to be in a loving environment! Check back for more on Junie soon.

UPDATE 1/21/08:

I need to tell you my story and I am sorry if it makes you cry, but I too am crying and you will soon read why.

I came into rescue after Sumter County raided the puppymill where I was working and barely living. I was nothing but a way for people to make money by using me as a breeding machine. I put out litter after litter with no thought of how it affected me. I have lost count of all the litters I have had in my life. I am almost 6 years old and was still being bred repeatedly, for pups.

I was malnourished, full of worms and pregnant when I was seized from the puppymill. You can see by my picture that I was terribly underweight and neglected so when I had my babies I couldn’t nourish them the way a momma should. My milk was no good because I was so sick. The shelter called FBR for help when I had my babies and many dedicated rescue volunteers stayed up all day and night feeding my babies by hand every two hours. Sadly though, in just one night I lost 3 of my babies. The very next night I lost another 2. That left me with one little baby who the FBR volunteers and veterinarians tried so hard to help save. They named him Waffles and my many foster mommies fed him and loved on both of us, 'round the clock but my last pup wasn't doing well. I hoped he could just hang on, but he didn't survive either.

I am a loving mom with no babies to care for. I know FBR did all they could, but I am still so heartbroken and want my babies back. I keep searching the house in hopes of finding them and when I can’t find them, I am in such despair. So many people don’t realize how bad puppymills are and that when you buy dogs from pet stores those cute little puppies came from a hard-working, neglected adult dog like me.

With the help of FBR I now have plenty to eat and am getting the love, attention and medical care needed to be healthy. My rough life is evident all over my body with little scars, sore spots and premature gray in my muzzle. I am very sweet and have lots of kisses for those who have shown me kindness. I need time to recover from losing my pups and I am not sure right now about sharing attention with other dogs so we are taking introductions slowly. I have not had any accidents in the house and I walk well on a leash. My foster mom is going to work with me on crating.

Please look deep into your heart and give me the second chance I've surely earned. Like so many Boxers in FBR, I too require expensive vet care to help me regain my health so I can be adopted. If you would be so kind as to make a donation to help with that care I would really appreciate it.

I am happy to be free from my former life (if you could even call it that). I do look forward to being adopted by someone who will show me kindness and love for the rest of my life.

UPDATE 1/31/08:

Junebug is recovering well after losing her litter of pups. She is very friendly and gentle with people and did very well today on her first visit to the dog park. She does much better with the smaller dogs as she really doesn’t know how to play so she just likes to run around and sniff EVERYTHING. She is completely house and crate trained. She even will sleep in the crate at night if she has to. Junebug is just starving for love and affection from a family. She is a sweet little angel of a dog and would be the perfect dog for someone that will need her as much as she needs you. She doesn’t know how to play with toys or even chew on any bones. She eats her dog food and a few treats but other than that she has shown no interest in chewing anything.

2. billbgh

billbgh Completely Boxer Crazy

So sad. Thank you for sharing Junebug's story, I hope that someone will give her the respect and loving family that she deserves. Keep strong Junebug, you are an angel angelicon

Erin
    Apollo & Rocky's mom

3. jamkaywill

jamkaywill Super Boxer

I just started crying to. I hate people who do this!

4. Daemones

Daemones Boxer Pal

Really a sad story. But I'm really glad that she got saved from the hell she was living in.
    Hopefully she'll find the loving home every dog deserves.

5. punchinella

punchinella Boxer Insane

Hope sweet Junebug finds her loving forever home!

6. JulieJay

JulieJay Super Boxer

That is just an awful story but with a happy ending of being rescued.
    I was crying while reading this at work, my heart is breaking for little Junebug.
    I wished i lived close enough to take her into my home.
    I hope she finds a loving family who will appreciate her.

Thank you for sharing. Reading this makes you appreciate what you have in life.

7. StormiesMom

StormiesMom Super Boxer

Though I still haven't figured out how to actually put the link in here, these will take you to the two photos of Junebug. I am happy too that she is finally after 6 long years being loved and cared for and taken care of. Someday, hopefully, she will learn what it is to play with toys and fur friends and human friends for that matter. Sweet girl.

http://www.flbr.org/junebugf08011.jpg

http://www.flbr.org/junebugoverhead.jpg

8. buffym

buffym Super Boxer

That is sooo Sad. I can't stand that people treat animals this way. I am praying that she finds her forever home soon and starts getting treated the way that she should have been her whole life.

9. Chiefsmom

Chiefsmom Boxer Insane

OMG! Such a sad story! :( I'm bawling right now! And she's such a sweet angelicon (beautiful girl)! I'm so glad to hear she was rescued and is doing better! Puppymills are awful!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

10. Bruisersmomi

Bruisersmomi Super Boxer

That makes me so sick to my stomach to know there are people out there that don't give a you know what. I can't believe someone could allow a dog to get to that state, this is so horrible I wish there was something I could do for all those poor, scared, over bred, malnourished babies out there. I want to take them all and give them luvs. Thank god for the ones that take these babies out of these horrible environments and give them a home where they are loved!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.