Think breeder hasn't been honest about roxys age. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoxyMulhall

Boxer Pal
Hi
We weighed roxy this morning and she is exactly 3kg's
I'm not sure if there is an average weight for boxer puppys but going by what the breeder said she is 7 weeks and 4 days.
I'm a bit concerned after seeing a photo the breeder had put on a social network site last Thursday (have only just seen it today) with a comment saying "gorgeous litter they are 5 weeks old already" .. The comment was made last Thursday. Obviously that doesn't tie in with what we were told, if that's true it would only make her 5 weeks and 5 days.
We didn't get her from a BYB
We met both mum and dad on all visits to meet roxy, both are kc reg, very well looked after with fantastic temperaments (we took our 3 children with us on 2nd visit and m and dad were absolutely fantastic with them), the litter was looked after well in very good conditions in a lovely busy family home. They had all the paper work for health tests etc but had said they hadn't yet registered the litter.
Roxy eats 4 times a day, is very playful, energetic and has settled in really well (only waking once at night for the toilet) I'm just a little concerned after seeing this that she isn't as old as they said. She does seem small to all the photos iv seen of pups at her age. She has her first vets appointment on fri and I know they will be able to tell me how old she is. Am I worrying over nothing?? Does anyone remember what size/weight their pup was at this age? I really hope the breeder hasn't been dishonest with us. I would hate to think we have brought home a 5 week old pup.
Would really appreciate some oppinions on this
Thanks
Sara

Status
Not open for further replies.