They pick the strangest things to eat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HurricaneBox

Boxer Insane
So I have decided that every once in a while Hurricane just HAS to shake things up and do something stupid. He normally is very good and doesn't bother things, he isn't a big chewer, etc. But every so often he gets into something scarey. A few months back it was a dessicant packet from an electronics box. Last night, it was the soap! smashicon Little monster. Granted this time is was our fault because he ALWAYS goes after the Irish Spring bar if he can get into the bathroom, so we normally keep the door shut tight. DH neglected to shut it tight after his shower last night, and our dear precious boxer (who can open doors unless they are completely latched) got into the bathroom. I came around the corner to him licking his lips and swallowing and I knew immediately what he had eaten. :eek:

I didn't panic too badly, I did call the emergency vet in town (again) to ask, and after the tech got finished laughing she checked and said I may see some vomiting and diarreah but it shouldn't hurt him any... and made some sort of humorous remark about it cleaning him out really well. Haha.

I still have not seen any vomiting, and he already had the runs from the night before when DH fed him something he shouldn't have (chicken with BBQ sauce on it!!!) so I have no idea if the diarreah today is still from that or from the soap. Sigh. I can't win with this guy.

BaconBits

Super Boxer
I remember getting in the shower and wondering where my soap bar went!! That's the least of what the dogs have eaten in my house. Once it was a tube of hand lotion! (and his stool was not pretty after that)

It's also amazing what you find in their stool too. I have found eyes from a stuffed animal staring straight back at me.

Question is: What don't they eat?!

MajorSpencer

Boxer Pal
what don't they eat

My Major LOVES crayons .... hard to keep track when i have a 2 yr old putting them in places i can't even find them, but he does. Unfortunately i have noticed once he has his poop and it freezes outside and i dont pick it up right away.... i find him nibbling on his own POOP !!! YES they eat anything lol

K8IE

Boxer Insane
Oh Hurricane, you naughty boy! :) I have to say I have been fortunate, Cooper has never been one to eat strange things. (Except for trying to eat mulch, bugs and leaves outside when he was really little.) I hope that he gets to feeling better soon!!!

Independence

Boxer Insane
Try giving him the box

Indy is usually satisfied if we give him the box the soap came in (we use Zest). He shreds it to bits. Even if he eats some it digests a lot better than the bar of soap.

HurricaneBox

Boxer Insane
Indy is usually satisfied if we give him the box the soap came in (we use Zest). He shreds it to bits. Even if he eats some it digests a lot better than the bar of soap.

:LOL: Good plan, I will have to try that, although now that he has tasted the forbidden fruit I don't know that the box would satisfy him... hehehehe!

Gen G. :)

Super Boxer
Ohh Hurricane! I hope your 'Irish Spring delicacy' won't cause your tummy to hurt! But seriously... I just can't understand what's so yummy about SOAP :eek: I remember when I was really really young I licked the bar because I thought it smelled sweet... But I stopped immediately once I realized how bitter it was! Same about crayons and paper and cardboard... What's so tasty about that? :LOL: Silly babies :rolleyes:

Last edited:

WeasleRocky

Completely Boxer Crazy
when giving Rocky a bath he licks the bar soap if the kids leave it low, but usually I have to pry his mouth off of it, and move it.. my boy enjoys dryer sheets and dirty socks... I dont know why, but he loves my socks and my slippers... my clothes too, he will sniff thru the hamper and a long loud sniff at that... what a crazy boy... DH says he's smelling me on my clothes that he's a mama's boy, and I'm okay with that...

I hope your boy feels better, soon...

HurricaneBox

Boxer Insane
:LOL: DH told me he finally started vomiting it up today after I left for work... nice sudsy vomit! ick! He seems to be feeling fine this evening though, no more vomit and completely normal appetite, so I am guessing everything passed ok. My poor boy, his eyes don't tell his tummy the truth sometimes!

Status
Not open for further replies.