There is hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaggienDeuce

Boxer Booster
I wanted to post this for anyone that might be having behaviorial issues with their boxer towards children. Several months ago when my DS Noah started crawling, Deuce starting showing agression everytime Noah got near him or touched him, he would snap and snarl. We were panicked to say the least and thought we would never get through it. I thought I would never be able to trust Deuce again. I was heartbroken. However, DH and I resolved to work with Deuce using NILIF, and giving him huge amounts of praise anytime he allowed Noah to get near him or touch him and he didn't snap. We saw slow and steady improvement. Well, here we are 8 months later, and tonight Deuce was lying on the floor and Noah was walking by and lost his balance and his bottom landed on Deuce's head. I was expecting Deuce to snap or something, but he just laid there and was cool with it. And wouldn't you know, Noah then started to poke Deuce in the eye. I had to rescue Deuce from the baby!!! Deuce got tons of praise, and Noah got the eh, eh. It just made me think back to those few months ago when things were so different and made me happy to see where we are now. I just wanted anyone going through this sort of thing and wondering what to do, that with work and time you can get through it and have a happy life with children and boxers - which is the best life possible to me!

Caney Creek

Boxer Insane
That is a WONDERFUL success story :) I think it's so great that you were able to change that behavior with obedience training and positive reinforcement!

Good job Mom and Dad, and good boy, Deuce! appicon

WAT

Boxer Insane
That is a WONDERFUL success story :) I think it's so great that you were able to change that behavior with obedience training and positive reinforcement!

Good job Mom and Dad, and good boy, Deuce! appicon
I second this post! Excellent job!

Status
Not open for further replies.