1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the "wet" boxer

Discussion in 'Showing - questions and answers' started by candysmack, Feb 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. candysmack

candysmack Boxer Pal

After much research on boxers in general, we finally broke down and bought a little plain fawn female. As a lay person, I like her confirmation and feel that for the most part correctly fits the boxer standard; so far anyway. The only thing I'm concerned about is the appearance of her wrinkles and whether or not she's "wet." As I've read over and over how the wrinkles shouldn't be "too deep," I haven't seen a picture of a puppy and/or adult that is considered "wet." Please, if anyone has a link to a picture of this I will really appreciate it. Thank you!

2. JulieM

JulieM Boxer Insane

I can't think of any Boxers offhand that are really wet - I don't think it's as much of a problem now as it used to be (at least, not in my areas). I'll keep thinking on it.

Remember, though, that if she's a puppy, she'll go through some really ugly head phases, and it may look like her face is melting off of her. It will pass - but you really won't know if she's wet or dry until she's done with those changes (usually 12-18 months).

Julie

3. PawPrintBoxers

PawPrintBoxers Banned

Wet puppy?

Puppies in general have more loose skin than adults. The concern with a wet head is you can get loose eyes which do not look attractive in the show ring. If you want to email me a head shot of your pup I would be more than happy to take a look.
    PawPrintBx@aol.com

4. jicksies

jicksies Boxer Booster

wrinkly-wet boxer???

Hi there! I have three boxers but one of them I believe would be considered "wet" meaning the deep,excessive wrinkling. Booder is 10 mos. old and verrrrry wrinkly! His wrinkles are so deep that each day i have to clean the ones near his eyes because they get dirty in there! He is beyootiful! but very wrinkly...I have pics of him posted here under "Jicksies" if you want to take a look at him. I know the picture gallery isn't up and runnin' at this time, but when it is, you can have a look...I've never been told that he's too "wet" but on personal opinion, I think he may be just a tad too wrinkly. He is beautiful just the same tho!...I hadn't planned on showing him even though I was told to by a few people at dog shows I've attended. Maybe he will eventually "grow into" his wrinkles, but I doubt it...I love him, wrinkles and all! Good luck with your lil fawnbaby! Jicksies

5. candysmack

candysmack Boxer Pal

thanks

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my thread!
    Ellie looks great! She's oh so wrinkly but gorgeous just the same. And what a dynamic personality; but such is the boxer we all love so much. I can't wait to post a picture of her amongst our blooming daffodils. Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.