1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Story of Kacey

Discussion in 'Stories' started by KCsMama, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KCsMama

KCsMama Boxer Pal

We were looking for a playmate for our aging boxer, Joe; because we heard that it would help keep them young (or at least at heart...). I was researching local breeders, looking for rescues, doing all my research. Joe was a rescue (the love of my life, as far as furbabies go). Anyway, Joe wasn't getting along with any adult females that we introduced him to through our local rescue groups, so I figured a puppy was my only option. I did not want to go through the puppy training phase, after not having to *suffer* through it with Joe... Well the breeder that we were recommended to and called said that she still had five pups to pick from. The next day I drove over and was set on a fawn, but when I saw Kacey (she's white), there was something that pulled me towards her. The breeder informed me that Kacey would probably never be adopted, because she suffered from significant hearing loss. Well that did it for me, she was the one that I wanted. The breeder only asked that I reimburse her for the vet bills to date and that I love her unconditionally for the rest of her life. So home came Kacey. She hears, but not well. Sometimes I think it's selective hearing, but our vet confirmed the hearing loss the following day. But as promised, Kacey will forever be unconditionally loved!!

2. caruse

caruse Boxer Insane

Kacey is such a lucky puppy to have found the best mom in such a home filled with love!!!...your story is heartwarming
    appiconappiconCongratulations!!appiconappicon
    Barbara

3. Althea

Althea Completely Boxer Crazy

What a great story! I want a deaf boxer one of these years...I will go on a mission to find the right one for my home. I look forward to it (need one less dog and a bigger house...) Glad you took your baby to her forever home that day! appicon

4. TXDLT

TXDLT Boxer Buddy

Love it

Great heartwarming story. So glad you found her .....or she found you. Hope all is going well with her and Joe. angelicon

Debra

5. KCsMama

KCsMama Boxer Pal

Debra - She and Joe were AMAZING together. We lost Joe in 2007, just two years after Kacey came home with us. But Joe remains in my heart and I see him within Kacey (he thought her well!!). We now have Kacey and Gunner. Gunner is three now and a wonderful handful! :-D

But Kacey is the sweetest thing! I am so happy that we found each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.