The Story of Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakawaka

Boxer Pal
I am a volunteer at a local animal shelter and help with training them and helping them become more adoptable by use of positive methods. I have met thousands of dogs and bonded with many of these unfortunate animals who end up in the shelter. One particular Sunday, I was making my rounds with the dogs in the shelter when I came across a scared boxer mix. He was so scared that the 60 pounds of him was shaking in fear. The minute I stepped into his kennel I knew he ws my dog. After getting in the kennel with him, he was immediately at ease. After working with him I realized he was already obedience trained and got the idea that he would make the perfect therapy dog. One month after I adopted him, he was a certified therapy dog, earned his C.G.C, and we now visit elders at a local nursing home regularly. I am surprised that not one person came to look for this wonderful dog during his 4 day hold as a stray. All I have to say to that is he was meant to be with me.

rog1006

Completely Boxer Crazy
Just goes to show that sometimes those precious little pound babies are the diamonds in the rough....thank you for sharing that sweet story! I love those pics of Duke in the tub, by the way!!!

;) Handsome little darling....

Christine
Boxer Luv Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.