1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the horriblest morning ever..

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by ColleenAus, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColleenAus

ColleenAus Super Boxer

Nearly 2 weeks

the sweling has completely gone down - but there is still no sign of her being able to empty her bowels or her bladder her self..... we have her on duphalac and it is given her the runs -but what good is the runs if she cannot feel ehrself needing to go?

She goes to her litter and scratches - so the urge to go is in her head - but the severed nerves in her spine/ tail region are not recieving the messages.... It has been recommended to us that we put her to sleep - as she will have continuouse UTI's and her bowels are non controllable - so we would have to keep her outside - I cant make her be an outside cat! shes my lilligon and she belongs inside with me and shelby and her dad dylan - it feels like i am living some dream - liek this is not happening - i mean i know i am typing this but it honestly doesnt feel like im talking about my lilly!

She acts normal - expect her anus is streched out and all crusty from her straining to get her waste out - and then with her duphalac she gets the runs and then by moring shes back to constipation!

We have a avets appointment at 5:10 pm tonight where we have to tell him what we decide..

We can spend the 300 on he tial amputation and then see later on if she gets feeling (which the vet recommends she wont) or we can go the "other " way! what really gets me is the false hopes we were given - eh seemed to think she was getting better! hrmmm

-Colly

2. myrocky

myrocky Boxer Insane

Colly our thoughts are with you and Lilly. It is a very tough decision you are facing but it is one only you and Dylan can decide. Take your time and think it over weighting all your options. Whatever you do it will be the right one for all involved. We are all here if needed :)

((((((HUGS)))))) to you all

Andie

3. boxers4life2001

boxers4life2001 Boxer Insane

Oh Colly,
    I'm so sorry Lilly has not regained contoll over her bladder or bowel movements:( You will know in your heart what choice you have to make and when/if you have to make it. Please know Lilly and your family are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

~Carrie~

4. Scrapper's Mom

Scrapper's Mom Boxer Insane

Dear Colly,
    I'm so sorry to read this. What a unhappy decision to be forced on you. Nerves take a long time to regenerate, don't they? Would the vet have expected to see some improvement by this time if she was going to get better? My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.
    **Hugs**
    Best wishes, Genie

5. ColleenAus

ColleenAus Super Boxer

The Vet put Lilly Spark to sleep at 5:45pm

last night... i honestly didnt think its happening - but it did and i am completely heartbroken. We were told it was the most humane thing to do considering the uti infection would eventually cause kidney failure - and that her straining to poop and not being able to stay clean - i mean it sounds like the most humane thing to do but last night i could not stop wishing i hadnt done it - i missed her within 2 seconds of doing it!

It was the most heart wrenching horriblest thing i have ever had to do - and lillys father dylan isnt taking it too well either... we have burried her under our bedroom window where she can watch us sleep like she used too.....

So please make a prayer that Little Lilly is playing at the brigde with all the other animals.... and is free to pee and poop where ever her hear desires....

I do love you lilly and please dont hate me for taking your life away from you.....

- colly

6. bustermom

bustermom Boxer Insane

Oh, Colly! I'm crying so hard right now...not for Lilly, as she is the best place ever, running with her ancestors and free from pain and confusion, but for you, Dylan and Shelby.

It's a horrible decision to have to make, but I hope you realize you did the right thing. I have some idea of the pain and anguish you're going through, as we had to put our shepherd to sleep last summer due to a very similar situation - no feeling in his back end - complete loss of nerves and muscle control. It's so unbearably hard when their minds are healthy and their bodies fail.

But now sweet Lilly can be your's and Shelby's guardian angel and watch from above. I'll ask my loved ones at the bridge to show Lilly where the best tuna is kept and to welcome her with open paws.

Sending an abundance of (((((hugs))))) around the world to you, Dylan and Shelbers.

- Gloria, Harold, Buster and Maggie

7. Scrapper's Mom

Scrapper's Mom Boxer Insane

Oh Colly, I'm so very sorry to hear this!! Of course you are devastated :( about this depressing turn of events. I know it sounds like a cliche', but it will get better with time... and then you will only remember the good things about your sweet Lilly. And you did the kindest thing you could for her, you took all her pain away.

Now little Lilly can run and play at the bridge with all the other beloved doggies and kitties that have gone from their owners and wait until their final reunion. My sympathies to you and your family,
    Best wishes and hugs,
    Genie

8. rog1006

rog1006 Completely Boxer Crazy

Colly,
    I've been watching this thread since you poster hoping that little Lilly would pull through... I am so sad for you and Dylan. I will be saying a prayer for you two and Shelby. ((((((HUGS))))))
    from us.

:(
    Christine (ty and molly)

9. ssleighter

ssleighter Completely Boxer Crazy

Colly, I am soooo very sorry to hear about little Lilly! I know that no words can offer much comfort, but you did what was best for her! I will send a prayer to my beloved Kitties, Gizmo & Stormy, to give Lilly a warm welcome to the Bridge!

Sharon

10. alygator

alygator Banned

OH I am sorrry to hear that Colly. I just know you did the right thing and Lilly girl is up there playing all new!! I don't know why we have to make these decisions, and what the purpose of us having to either...

I just can't imagine your pain and hope that you know everyone is thinking of you - -you have people all over the world thinking of you and your family....We hope you find comfort!!
    (((((((HUGS)))))))

Kiki and Aly- -

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.