1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the horriblest morning ever..

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by ColleenAus, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bustermom

bustermom Boxer Insane

Re: update on last nights visit

According to us too! We're sending up our strongest, most heartfelt prayers that Lilly's swelling goes down and all goes back to normal (even if she has to lose her tail - that's a small price to pay!).

(((((Hugs))))) to you and Dylan, Colly!! Please keep us posted on her progress...

2. ColleenAus

ColleenAus Super Boxer

thanks guys

We are going to wait the whole 2 weeks - so that means a trip to the vet every day i mean what if she got her feeling back on the last day of the two weeks... and if all goes good then her tail will be amputated to the bottom of her back so she has nothing to get in her way and nothing to get caught in the doors or for shelby to nibble... pretty expensive $300.00! but its well worth it..

has any one heard of expressing an animal before? or had any experience with it?

- Colly

P.s i have dyly praying too!!! and he is not a real praying sorta person but sure enough hes doing it he says every time he thinks abour her which is always...!!!

3. Faughtey

Faughtey Banned

Have you heard of the actor Christopher Reeves? He got paralyzed in a horseback riding accident. They had a special on T.V. about him. He said he had to be "expressed" every day. I don't remember details, like how many times a day or anything. But that is part of the reason he requires 24 hour nursing care. I imagine it's similar to what your cat is going through, only on a larger scale. I sure hope your kitty gets better.

4. Scrapper's Mom

Scrapper's Mom Boxer Insane

Colly, this is the first time I saw your thread about your poor kitty, Lily! I'm so sorry to hear this happened to her :( You must love her very much, and I know she will feel that and take strength from it. Please know you are in our thoughts, we are sending Boxer hugs and best wishes. I hope Lily can beat this thing and pull through! Is there any type of laxative they can give her that might help stimulate the colon a little?
    Genie

5. ColleenAus

ColleenAus Super Boxer

thanks genie

Lilly is on Duphalac - 1.5 mls twice a day - its a liquid laxative and i started her on it last night... so hopefully when i get home there will be accidents waiting for me.... First time ever ive wanted accidents in my house! ironic.....

any ways back to the vets i go this arvo and ill let you all know what she says!

thanks again!

- Colly

6. boxers4life2001

boxers4life2001 Boxer Insane

I am so sorry to hear about your poor kitty :(

Can they teach you how to express her bladder so you do not have to take her in everyday? It is not uncommon when we do surgery on dogs when they have a ruptured disc or spinal injury for them not to be able to go pee on their own for awhile. When we discharge them from the hospital, the owners are always tought how to express the bladder at home in case they do not go on their own. I'm sure it would be alittle harder on a cat since they are smaller but it can be done if your comfortable doing it. You can squeeze her belly alittle and see if you can start to get the feel for her bladder, it will most likly feel like a soft ball. Then when she goes to the hospital the next time to be expressed ask them if what your feeling is her bladder and see if they will teach you how to do it. We usually express the dogs about 2-3 times a day. I will keep your kitty in my prayers and hope she makes a full recovery.

~Carrie~

7. alygator

alygator Banned

AWWWWE. How are things going? I just read this, and it's horrible. We are thinking of you and your kitty!!

8. ColleenAus

ColleenAus Super Boxer

Lillys Swelling is gradually going down..

And we are still taking her tot he vets every day to have her bladder expressed - but there is some more hope as she has been going to her litter and scratching - which means she has the urge - althoguh she cant releave her self, the urge is there which i hope means that she will eventually be able to go potty by herself.....SHe hadnt pooped since she got hit so in 4 days she hadnt gone - so the vet gave her a mini enama which helped her along although we had to monitor and help her if any got stuck - it seems horribelt o think of her having to be treated like this - but she seems happy and is running around and trying to get outside like normal!! Her tail is going to need to be amputated ASAP to make sure no further damage occurs ( shelby likes to lick and pull tails) so all going well - i will have a dwarf kitty with no tail!!!! hehehe TOO CUTE!!! ill poste a photo of her so you can see how pretty she really is!

- Colly

9. alygator

alygator Banned

Oh, I just hope she is going to be fine. Doesn't sound like she is in too much pain...hopefully that is a good thing and not because she can't feel anything.

The drive sounds tiring, but worth it. Hope she improves!!

10. SweetGirlie1400

SweetGirlie1400 Super Boxer

~~~sending even more heeling vibes~~~~~~~~~

the scratching in the litterbox sure does sound positive and lets hope things just keep getting better... hugz to your kitty from me and I'll ask my angel sonia to give her kitty prayers from up above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.