1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the horriblest morning ever..

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by ColleenAus, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColleenAus

ColleenAus Super Boxer

This morning i was going to get petrol on my way to work - and my lil dwarf kitty names lilly is always there to say goodbye - well this morning i thought she may have already been inside with her daddy but she wasnt - welll any way i went and got petrol and found that i had my partners cards and had to give them back so i went back home and found lilly - she cant walk - her back legs are looking very bad - but shes not bleeding... im so worried - i just dont want to think about it - this kitty cat was the first baby me and dyly got when we moved in together... and to top it off i got forced into going to work and now i am going home to take her to the vets - i think she has been hit by a ca r- but i cant see any blood or any thing so i dont know what to think - all i know is i will be 100% completely devestated if the worst turns out to happen.... poor dyly was up this morning nearly in tears sitting with her - she is our little midget cat - shes sooo tiny!! it makes my heart crumble to think some thing bad has happened to her ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

2. DixieDiana

DixieDiana Boxer Buddy

I certainly hope and pray that Lilly will be alright!

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Please keep us posted ....

3. ssleighter

ssleighter Completely Boxer Crazy

I am also saying a prayer for you and Lilly! I have two kitties myself and just love them to pieces! Please keep us updated!

(((HUGS))))

Sharon

4. SweetGirlie1400

SweetGirlie1400 Super Boxer

sending positive vibes your way that ur ur babies not hurt too bad and will be on a quick road to recovery!

5. betsyjean

betsyjean Boxer Booster

You found your little Lilly outside not able to walk? I don't really understand what happened, but I'm hoping that your little baby will be allright!!!!! Did you end up taking her to the vet? Hopefully he had some kind of good news for you...there doesn't seem to be as many cat lovers as there are dog lovers in the world...but I am DEFINATELY a cat lover!!! Hoping Lilly is getting better!!!

Betsy

6. KruzinK-9s

KruzinK-9s Boxer Booster

Oh I hope your Lilly is ok. Sending some healing vibes for Lilly.

7. ColleenAus

ColleenAus Super Boxer

Lillys Home!!

We were at the vets most of yesterday... and his original prognosis wasnt good - Lilly was hit by a car and he thought she had full paralysis of her back - so he took her in for Xrays - and i had to wait until later that afternoon to find out what was going on... it turns out that Lilly is a veyr lucky little girl - when the car hit her it ran over her tail and disconnected it from her spinal cord - so as of now lillys tail is dead - the vet tried to pinch it and see if she would react but she just looked at him as if to say whatchoo doink?
    The vet said eventually due to the tail not being connected to revceive blood it will fall of completely - has any one heard of this?

we are waiting to see if she can use her bowel and bladder properly because of all the swelling around her spine and bottom area she may have trouble - i have put her in my dinning/kitchen area and she will stay there until she is better!

The vet also commented on how "different looking" she was - Lilly is a dwarf kitty - and has a MASSIVE underbite! but she is my first baby and i love her very much!

Thank you for your well wishes - you are very wonderful people!

- Colly

8. myrocky

myrocky Boxer Insane

Colly (((((HUGS))))) to you and Lilly! Fix her up some nice chic and rice to help her feel better. The vet didn't mention just amputating the tail? Is she able to walk around? You are in our thoughts and we are sending lots of kisses and beans your way. :)

9. ColleenAus

ColleenAus Super Boxer

thanks rocks

The vet said in his report that amputation may have to happen within three weeks unless she can use her bowels etc properly with her tail just hanging there... She can walk but not too good - its almost a waddle and drag - she is having trouble bending to clean her self aswell - at the moment her spine looks like its in two peices - it has a rigde in it where the tail has been pulled from the socket? hrmmm it sounds horribly painfull and i feel so sorry for her... she is still eating a little - we got her some VIP mince " for special cats" hehe

How long can an animal go without going to the toilet? i havent seen her go at all since i picked her up from the vets last night - but she was still HEAPS groggy ffrom the aneasthetic..

- Colly

P.s Even Shelbers knows some things wrong - shes not jumping on lilly - just sniffing and walking away - and sniffing some more..,

10. jaimie

jaimie Boxer Insane

Since the tail is dead I would have to vet amputate it now. That is my opinion obviously. I had a dog when I young that got his tail stuck in a barbed wire fence. Well, needless to say he needed to have 1/2 of his tail amputated (he was a Lhasa Apso) he bounced back very quickly! Maybe if you have it taken care of now she will get better quicker? As far as going potty I would call the vet to ask, you don't want her getting "stopped up" when she is really sore and you want to make sure there is nothing else wrong with her bladder/bowels etc.. Good Luck with your kitty BTW: post some pictures of her I would love to see what she looks like she sounds so cute!

Jaimie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.