The Dog Listener - with a crate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goolia83

Boxer Booster
Hello!
I'm a new boxer owner and I'm reading this book. I really like it and was wondering how it works with dogs that are in crates when you are gone? The book says it's important to ignore the dog when you first get home until it goes and lays down and then after a few minutes call it over or invite it to play... SO how would this work without letting the dog out first(how would you not ignor it?)? Or if the crate is in a room, like a bedroom where you're not going to walk around when you get home?
Thanks!
Julie

LayLa'SMOM

Boxer Pal
When I get home from work I just walk over unlatch her cage and walk away without making a fuss. It was really hard at first not to give my baby all the attention. It did work great though and now I just wait untill I'm settled in to dote on her

Glenys

Boxer Booster
You just don't know how glad I am to see somebody with this book other than me. I thought I was speaking a different language, trying to tell others and give advice from the book. Bring you dog up with it and you will both be happier for it. I borrowed it from another dog owner because I have trouble with Zak. It turns out I was having trouble with myself more than him--Dog troubles nearly always mean the owner needs to be re-trained first. I have put everything Jan has said into practice and am waiting on the local Library for her next book, The practical dog listener, to become free. This one deals with problem dogs (and owners). What LayLas' Mom said is true-unlatch and walk away. Happy learning--as far as I'm concerned, you are on the right track.appicon appicon appicon

Status
Not open for further replies.