1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Culture Clash by Jean Donaldson

Discussion in 'Books' started by Krikkit, Jul 27, 2001.

1. tatev94

tatev94 Boxer Buddy

I agree. I'm about 1/2 way through it & I'm learning so much that should have already been common sense to me, IMO.

Paula

2. Lola's mum

Lola's mum Boxer Insane

I'm glad this book has good reviews I saw it on Amazon and ordered it the other day :) Another good one is 'What is my dog thinking' By Gwen Bailey

3. Tuff Love

Tuff Love Boxer Insane

I just finished this book myself and I have to agree, it's a fantastic read. I've recommended it to all my friends who have dogs.

4. ELubas

ELubas Boxer Insane

One of the best ever written. Should be required reading in order to get a dog!

5. Sansal

Sansal Boxer Insane

Just ordered it! Can't wait to get it in the mail!

6. Pawbla

Pawbla Boxer Buddy

What does the book go on about? I just found out it is sold as an e-book. Sounds very interesting! But I'm not sure if it's more of the same stuff I've been reading or if it is a new thing. It's focused on the human-dog relationship, right? But is it just another dog language manual or does it focus on something new?

7. ELubas

ELubas Boxer Insane

It is the only book that truly defines what can go wrong between people and dogs and illustrates why it is really a "people" problem that dogs bear the brunt of. All puppies should come with a copy!!

8. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

I would highly recommend it. It is different than any other book, I have read. It will help you understand how your dog thinks.

9. Roxymyboxy

Roxymyboxy Super Boxer

I absolutely HATE the sound of a "clicker" I know that sounds so silly.....I understand it works wonders with training...I also have a parrot and alot of bird owners use clickers also. Wish I could stand the sound of them...sounds like fingernails on a chalkboard to me aaahhggggg