1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The beginning of the end!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gatorblu, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

When we moved back to Florida, I knew there would have to be a one bathroom and the kitchen to remodel. Well when we got her we found out all three bathrooms needed work and one had to be done quickly or our insurance company wasn't going to cover us. (It was not the one I knew needed fixing.) Not to mention a new roof and windows. Well the one thing I wanted to do first was the kitchen, and it quickly got pushed back to last.

Finally, tomorrow starts the demolition of the kitchen! fiestaicon(Can you tell I am excited?) A planner is scheduled to come in Thursday and help me design the layout. I have already picked out the style of cabinets, and new appliances. Only the floor and new faucet are left to pick out. I was told the turn around on having the cabinets installed is 2 weeks or less. I will have my new kitchen before my company for Christmas arrives! (Thankfully my brother is doing Thanksgiving.)

Once it is done it will be the end of 6 months of remodeling and I can actually begin looking for a little brother for Arabella. applauseicon

Roge likes this.
  2. mistydwilson

mistydwilson Super Boxer

Wow Pam! A new kitchen...I'm excited for you! You'll have to post some pics when it's done.

3. RockTheBoxer

RockTheBoxer Super Boxer

Wow, that a lot of remodeling! How exciting to be just a few weeks out from it all being done.... And just in time for Christmas! Hope everything goes smoothly for you. Post pictures of it!

4. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

Exciting times !!!

5. luvmyboy

luvmyboy Boxer Insane

How wonderful! That's a lot of work.

6. joeys mom

joeys mom Boxer Insane

You wont know what to do when it is all done and life is normal again :) A new kitchen is exciting and all BUT the thought of a new addition to the family is beyond exciting!!!!!

7. Holden's Mom

Holden's Mom Boxer Insane

How very exciting! We just remodeled our master bath; it was a long seven weeks, but I love it. It was not all smooth and easy, but worth it.

Hope the entire remodel goes well and on time.

Pam and Doug

8. Linda/NJ

Linda/NJ Boxer Insane

Congrats Pam! Nothing like a new kitchen, we did ours almost 6 years ago now. Love it! You got a fast turn around for the cabinets, I think ours took 8 weeks. Our kitchen remodel we did ourselves, it took I guess 6 months, we only did the work though on weekends. Well worth it when done. What kind of counter tops did you go with? We had a professional install ours, we went with granite, so easy to clean. The only thing I would change are the stainless steel appliances. We went with them because they are popular. They are a ***** to clean! You have to be on top of any water drip or spill or it stains.

9. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

Our cabinets are going in today and tomorrow! Whoo Hoo! My stove came in with the glass top shattered and the new is due next week. The counter top people will come in a few days after that and it will all be done by the New Year. (I hope.) Arabella is a bit nervous and broke out in hives this morning. She didn't go out before the banging started so I know it is from nerves. I gave her a couple of Benadryl and she is now resting comfortably.

Roge likes this.
  10. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

Jealous.
    Right before Thanksgiving I decided we needed new kitchen appliances. Seeing how my cook-top and wall oven are from.....wait for it.....1971. Yes. I said that. Original to the house and THEY. WILL. NOT. DIE.
    Not to mention that they say GM on them which somehow gets my hubby all googly-eyed. And I guess they are "retro" and in style? Um. NO.
    Well, seeing how they didn't know what they were doing as time went on from over 30 years ago things started getting made bigger and this leads to kitchen cabinets and counter tops being required which would lead to paint, plumbing and flooring.
    Long story short. I am jealous since my new appliances (new kitchen) didn't happen. :)
    Rub it in with pictures when it is complete!

Roge and RockTheBoxer like this.