That was fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizzie

Boxer Insane
Since getting Dora just before Christmas we have been attending obedience training and much to my surprise and relief Dora has now passed level one basic obedience appicon (and it was torrential rain on the day). I was so rapt. We will now be signing up for level 2 which starts in a few weeks.

Last night we went to our first agility session as I can see Dora enjoying this and being quite good at it and I have always been interested in agility. I thought that it would be a slow motion train wreck, but it wasn't too much of one :LOL: We went off lead for the first few times, but unfortunately on the third the distraction of the other dogs became too much for her and little miss social butterfly had to go and say hello to anyone and everyone she could :LOL:

I have to say it was a lot of fun and Dora had no issues with the tunnel, which I thought she might. Biggest issue for her is distractions and we will be working on this and me as the handler needs to work on the hand signals and where I'm standing etc. Just had to share :D

DebbieJen

Completely Boxer Crazy
Congratulations on being awarded for obedience classes.

It sounds like Dora had a great time on the agility course.

Diana

Boxer Booster
My boxer Duke has been in agility for a year and a half now and we are getting ready to start competing in trials soon. He LOVES it! It is a great bonding experience between you and your dog. Duke was an anxious mess when we got him and he was afraid of his own shadow. Agility has been the best thing for building his confidence and today, he is a different dog. I have to say the teeter was the hardest obstacle for him to overcome due to his issues. He still isn't flying over it, but he does go on it willingly by himself now and it takes a little encouragement to get him to get it to tip down. He has come a long way!

Stick with it and I'm sure you will have so much fun with your dog!

Lizzie

Boxer Insane
I have to say the teeter was the hardest obstacle for him to overcome due to his issues. He still isn't flying over it, but he does go on it willingly by himself now and it takes a little encouragement to get him to get it to tip down. He has come a long way!

Stick with it and I'm sure you will have so much fun with your dog!

Thanks! We haven't attempted the teeter yet and it could be interesting to say the least :D Well done with your boy - it sounds like he has come a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.