Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sohshee'smom

Boxer Booster
I have taken her to the vet several times and they just tell me to keep trying things until I find one she likes. I have mixed the Ole Roy with other food, and tried just giving her the Ole Roy and she just isn't interested. If I give her like hot dogs, cheese, canned soft food...stuff like that she will clean the bowl, but I think from her eating that she is getting the very runny stools. I tried mixing the "good stuff" with hard food and she will not eat it at all if it has hard food in it. Could it be her teeth? She is losing some, but still has a lot and has several big girl teeth now...I don't know I am just so frustrated.

Storri

Boxer Insane
Heather, are you soaking her kibble first? Just serving it straight from the bag for a 13 week old is kind of hard on her. Try soaking it in either water or some chicken broth and it will make it so much easier for her to chew. Stick to one food of your choosing and sooner of later she will eat it. She is smart and if she knows you will give her soft food or hot dogs, then she is going to try and hold out for that.....she's got your number already!

(I am just saying this from experience...I have been in your shoes before ;) I even sat there at every feeding and hand feed him just so he would eat....big mistake).

Sohshee'smom

Boxer Booster
I am going to try that. I was worried for some reason that soaking it would be the same as giving canned food and would cause the runny stoolls just like the soft food is. Thanks!

tedjax

Completely Boxer Crazy
Originally posted by Storri
I even sat there at every feeding and hand feed him just so he would eat....big mistake).

Oh yeah, this is a verrrrrrry big mistake. Indy still expects me to hand feed him. The only thing he will eat by himself is liver...I have to get him started on every meal - it is a real pain in the behind, but I love him and will continue to do what it takes. However, never hand feed a dog. I've learned a very big lesson!!!smashicon

Storri

Boxer Insane
Trish...so you did it too :D
I am lucky that Joe does not expect me to do it anymore, but it was that way for quite some time. The mother in me kicked in and I was SO worried that he would never eat (yeah right) that I did anything just to see him take a nibble of something.

All I can say is that I have learned a very big lesson and it will never happen again! The next pup will just have to go hungry for a little while if he/she refuses to eat what is set out before him/her.

Have a good day all!

Status
Not open for further replies.