1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

teething

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by DSmitty, Mar 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DSmitty

DSmitty Super Boxer

We are adopting a 5 month old male boxer. We are picking him up on Sunday. He is probably teething so I need some suggestions on SAFE teething toys. I thought those synthetic bones were safe but they WERE NOT good for our girl and she wasn't a big chewer. This dog will be different. Suggestions please :)

2. brodieboxer

brodieboxer Completely Boxer Crazy

When crated, Brodie enjoys chewing on a deer antler (got it at Petco). It was expensive, but they don't chip or splinter, and they seem to last forever. He only gets it in his crate so that it's a special treat when we go to work.

We also give him a bully stick occasionally. They're better than rawhide, b/c they're digestible. I only allow him to chew on it outside, b/c they're stinky!

3. DSmitty

DSmitty Super Boxer

Oh, I forgot all about the deer antler. We did get Roxy one of those. You are right, they last a long time.

4. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

Stuff a kong with peanut butter, and or yogurt, etc, and freeze it. The cold will also help relieve any pain associated with teething. I mix yogurt and a little pb, and some banana in a bowl then I stuff the kong with that.

5. DSmitty

DSmitty Super Boxer

I have a Kong for him but only put liver treats so he will go in his crate. A frozen Kong with goodies is a great idea...thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.