Technical question for Olly or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda

Boxer Insane
Olly, help!!

I got on the forum this morning using my office computer with MS IE (I usually use Netscape on my personal computer).

Almost every time I clicked on a thread to read, it got a window asking me to install Flash 4.0 -Macromedia. :eek:
Does this have to do with the board? Or maybe Internet Explorer?
I have looked at the board on that computer before and never had this happen.
Suppose it's not a big deal, just curious. Any ideas?

Boxerworld

BW owner
Staff member
The animated banner with the links and flags on top of all pages on Boxerworld is made in flash. Flash is included on all 4 generation browsers and over. For some reasons (flash was probably uninstalled), you don't have that plug in so you just have to install it. It takes 1 minute to download and install it. That was the time it took to Sharon (Krikkit) to install it :)

Olly

Linda

Boxer Insane
Thank you. I thought I was going crazy! :)
I need to download the newest version of IE (5.0 or 5.1 I think) anyway. I suppose when I do that, I'll also get the Flash plug-in.

Boxerworld

BW owner
Staff member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Linda:
Thank you. I thought I was going crazy! :)
I need to download the newest version of IE (5.0 or 5.1 I think) anyway. I suppose when I do that, I'll also get the Flash plug-in.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, IE 4 (and over) and Netscape 4 (and over) already have flash included.
IE 5 works fine and the site is enhanced for it. I wouldn't install IE 5.5 (newest version) for the moment as it has many bugs :)

Olly

Kazz's Boxers

Super Boxer
I was wondering if anyone else has had problems getting on the Boxer Board? When i log on i am asked to download a shockwave flash file and when i tell it no my Windows NT doesn't doesn't work right. Does anyone
have a suggestion? I tried to go and download the shockwave file and it did not work. (and i have no idea what it does, i am a little computer DUMB, being blonde does that to you, heheheh)
Can someone please tell me the exact file and give me the site address to download? I would appriciate it very much.
If anyone does respond, Please email me since i am having problems getting on at work. Right now i am at a friends house so i had no problems geting on.

My email address is Melanie.Kacsmar@rcn.net Thanks

Melanie

------------------
Melanie
Bandit's Mom
Male, Fawn, Black Mask, White toes & white spot on Chest, Neutered, Floppy ears, Docked Tail, born 11/01/99 www.KazzsWhiseyBandit.homestead.com/homepage.html

[This message has been edited by Bandit's Mom (edited 08-21-2000).]

Krikkit

Boxer Insane
Hi Melanie, I had to download it too. When I went to the main Boxerworld page http://www.boxerworld.com another screen came up asking if I wante to download it. I just clicked on 'yes' and about 40 seconds later it was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.