Taping Over Wounds HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradford

Boxer Buddy
So the tape that I used for Tucker gave him a wound on each ear. I did not realize this until I changed the bandages a week ago. I took him to the vet. She gave him an antibiotice and some Fura Zone. I let the bandages off his ear for a week so they can heal, which has competely caused his ears to go back to step 1. :( The vet said it's okay to tape his ears so long as I continue putting Fura Zone on there. I tried taping his ears for the first time this morning and the tape completely slipped off. I don't think it's possible to even tape it to his ears when the ointment is still wet. What am I doing wrong? Please Help!

Darbysmom1

Super Boxer
Mentor

It may not be a bad idea to try to get a mentor in your area when comes to ears there is a lot to know. I have been taping ears for 10 years now and I learn something new all the time I feel like.. Where to begin..
Yes the dog sometimes gets sores of the tape is put on too tight, or for too long and sometimes they just get them anyway. Some puppies ears get sores more then others but you need to keep taping these will all heal in time..
How old is the puppy I would not be leaving the wraps off for a week that is too long. As soon as the ears begin to slump they need to be quickly wrapped. You really have to stay on top of wrapping or you may create a huge problem.
As for the ointment no you can not wrap them after you put that one. What I do is when I unwrap my puppies ears I put the ear cleaning in the ball of the ear, I clean them out with Q-tips and put neosporin on the cuts. I then let them air out for 24 hours and rewrap them. I leave them on for a week at the most or typically they come loose or someone has messed with them.
Hope this has helped I could write all night on wrapping tips lol.... Not sure what state you live in but there is typically someone from the local clubs a mentor or the puppies breeder that would be happy tohelp with ears.. Again hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.