1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tango's nose!

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by Tango's Mama, Feb 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tango's Mama

Tango's Mama Super Boxer

For 2 weeks he has had this spot on his nose right where the black begins. i called the vet and they said to try neosporine on it and see if that helped it. If not to bring him in. I had broken my shoulder so i was trying to hold off as long as i could because i cant drive yet. But my aunt is taking us on wed to have it looked at. I thought i'd post a pic and see if anyone here has seen anything like it before. This is the only place he has it and it seems to itch just a little sometimes. It never looks any worse then this pic or any better. Dosnt bleed either. Anyone seen this before??

Click me for pic

Thanks for any advice in advance..:)

Tango & Michele

2. tesster

tesster Boxer Insane

Tess has a similar looking spot on her nose. The first time, the doctor said it was a bacterial infection and gave her some antibiotics and an ointment to put on it, but it has since come back. Make sure and let us know what the doc says. Good luck!

3. Tango's Mama

Tango's Mama Super Boxer

Hmm.. I have a feeling thats what they will say to me as well. But i will say this my vet is wonderful and I trust him totally. So whatever advice he gives me I will share it on here in hopes it will help someone else too. Tango is prone to yeast infections between his toes and in his ears but since i changed to wellness simple solutions thats all cleared up. I thought this might be something similar to yeast. Hopefully the vet will know. Thanks so much for your opinon and maybe i will have some news that will help your Tess too!!

Tango & Michele

4. tesster

tesster Boxer Insane

That would be great! :) Tess is also prone to yeast infections too. I'd bet that we're probably looking at something similar.

5. Tango's Mama

Tango's Mama Super Boxer

Its quite possible! We have had snow here so im hoping i can still get him there Wed. I will let you know..thanks for responding!!

6. Tango's Mama

Tango's Mama Super Boxer

Tesster

Sorry it took me so long to get back about this! They decided its a bacterial infection on his nose. He got a shot of dexamethasone for his itchy's then cephalexin for his infection(4 weeks worth at 2 a day) then bactoderm for his nose after washing it with warm water. Ok..so i go home and the next night he is covered in red bumps from his head to his chest, under his tummy to his poor little butt in red spots. I call the vet back and off we go. He had an allergic reaction to the antibiotc they think. No more shots since he just had one so he gets benedryl for about three days and if it goes down and no problems we will try a different antibiotic. Poor fella isnt feeling too good right now tho..:(

The vet said to use something called malaseb wipes as well to clean the folds of his nose but they were out so im going to order some as soon as i can and give that a try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.