1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tango is having surgery!

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by Tango's Mama, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tango's Mama

Tango's Mama Super Boxer

I switched vets this month I was tired of the lack of care my other vet seemed to be giving us lately. The new one is about 30 minutes away and their office was so nice! Anyhow i decided to have the complete bloodwork done on Tango and was very happy to say everything came back normal he wasnt borderline on anything. The vet said he is one of the healthiest boxers for his age he had seen in quite some time. That always makes you feel good dont it! Then i got the bad news..he has a small growth on his anus of all places..poor fella! I felt bad because i had not noticed it yet. But was good that the new vet did(made me feel confident in his care) He also has gingival hyperplasia. So he is having surgery to take care of the mouth and butt. Poor guy needs some thoughts headed his way. His gums were pretty bad(which i already knew he needed the surgery for that i was trying to let him go as long as he was able because i didnt want him to have to be knocked out twice in one year if i could help it) You all are always so nice about sending wishes and i feel odd asking for them but I am a little scared that the growth might be cancerous, So any thoughts from you all will be appreciated. Also there was a thread somewhere about the gum condition and if that person reads this feel free to pm me if you wanted to ask some questions about it...:)

Tango & Michele

2. Roxysmama

Roxysmama Boxer Pal

Sending Tango our positve healing vibes!!!! I know how that can be. My 4 1/2 month old boxer just came home today from having surgery!!! They thought she had an obstruction. She did but it was a parasitic one! But they found bits of plastic in her sample and than the xray showed the obstruction, who knew....
    Anyway hope all goes well and keep us posted!
    Roxy and Michele

3. Poohsmom

Poohsmom Banned

We're sending lots of healing vibes to Tango and stay strong vibes to you. Think lots of positive thoughts and kudos to the new vet for being so thorough. Keep us posted on how he's doing.

Sue and the kids,Pooh,Bownser,Dozer & Cissy

4. lafsalot

lafsalot Boxer Insane

Sending you tons of healing thoughts and prayers in hopes that Tango sails through his surgery with flying colors ~ Cathy

5. Suzysmitt

Suzysmitt Boxer Booster

Hugs, kisses and healing vibes are on the way to Tango.

6. Austin's Mom

Austin's Mom Boxer Insane

Add our positive and healing vibes, too. I'm sure your baby will be just fine. ((hugs))

7. Shakira's Ma

Shakira's Ma Banned

Shakira and I are sending tons of healing vibes and positive vibes to you and Tango. I know how scared you get when you find a lump or some kind of bump on your baby. I was petting Shakira yesterday morning and thought I felt a lump on her chest and I instantly got a really sick feeling in my stomach. Good Luck and let us know what the growth was and how Tango is doing.

8. Tango's Mama

Tango's Mama Super Boxer

Thanks guys! I get that sick feeling too..When the vet said he found that place i instantly went numb. I was glad my aunt was there to listen to what else the vet had to say becuase I couldnt get past possible cancer. I'm just thankful to each of you for the wishes and I'll keep you all posted.

Michele(same as me..lol) I hope your baby is recovering from the surgery and will be back to normal in no time!

Lots of boxer wiggles and hugs to you all!

Michele & Tango

9. Thomas Liggin

Thomas Liggin Boxer Insane

Indy and Ava send their Boxer vibesTango's way.

They also said to be sure you tell the vet to use the scalpel on the mouth first, then the rear end, not the other way around. They are such devilish Boxers.

Tom

10. Tango's Mama

Tango's Mama Super Boxer

hahaha!! My husband has been telling everyone Tango is getting a new mouth AND a new butt for christmas!

Thanks for the wishes and the laugh..

Tango & Michele

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.