1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Switching foods and the RUNS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by chopperdog06, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chopperdog06

chopperdog06 Boxer Pal

Chopper is 4 1/2 months old. He was diagnosed with D-mange 3 weeks ago. We treated with Ivermectin which I have taken him off of yesterday, and thought I would try just the natural approach to cure it. So yesterday, being that I was at the bottom of the Nutro Natural Choice that he has been on, and with all kinds of research through this website, I bought a small bag of Innova Puppy, hoping that this will help build his immune system up. His first feeding was last night around 5pm, and I had given him 1 1/2 cups of Nutro and just maybe 1/4 cup of Innova. Well, he had exploding Diahrrea at 11pm,2am and 7 this morning. Nothing but liquid poo!!! No blood or mucus though. So this morning I added about 1/2 cup of white rice to his breakfast which consisted of 1 cup of Nutro and just a sprinkle of Innova. I'm thinking that I added too much Innova to quickly last night. I don't want to cut out the Innova completely however, we need to get rid of the runs first. Any thoughts on what approach I should try with switching him to a better quality food??? Thanks for all replys..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.