1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sweet Old Boxer for adoption (Columbus, GA)

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by KatCH, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KatCH

KatCH Super Boxer

Hey guys,

I love visiting the humane society here in town and giving some love to the dogs. I met a really sweet 9 year old (looks full bred) boxer named Gabby the other day. She is very sweet and good natured. They say she has some separation anxiety and may have been abused in the past, so a home where someone is home a lot or there is another pet for company would be best.

I know they will treat her well at this shelter, but hope that she will find a good home. Unfortunately I live on a military post and we are only allowed 2 pets total and we're at our capacity with Millie and Ozzy, so I can't take her in or even foster her.

Just thought I'd post it up here in hopes there might be someone to take in this lovely girl and give her a good home. Columbus is only 2 hrs from the Atlanta area. Let me know if you are interested and I can give you the info.

Thanks,

Kat

P.S. I do not work for or am not affiliated with the shelter in anyway. Just a boxer lover/animal lover.

2. KatCH

KatCH Super Boxer

3. LILYLARUE

LILYLARUE Boxer Insane

Awe, she's such a beauty! I hope she is found by an amazing family.

Also, kudos to you for your love of the breed and the effort to find her a good home.

4. EAO76

EAO76 Boxer Insane

Awe she is beautiful. The seniors break my heart the most. It would be my dream to start a sanctuary for all the oldies. It’s so sad how people discard them in their golden years. I hope she finds a wonderful home.

5. KatCH

KatCH Super Boxer

She really is a sweet heart. I wish I could take her in myself but with the rules on post we cant. I hoped posting her here that someone with boxer love might be able to help find her a home.

I mean that face is just begging for love.

6. Althea

Althea Completely Boxer Crazy

Are there any senior dog sanctuaries near you? We have one up the road, and they would gladly take a dog her age, and they have a pretty good experience finding them homes.

The tough thing on here is that we spread out all over the world. :) But she is a beautiful girl, and I'm sure someone will see that face and not be able to pass it up.

7. KatCH

KatCH Super Boxer

No I haven't heard of any senior sanctuaries and right now the shelter she is at is a good one. It's the PAWS Humane here in Columbus.

I know it's a large network of people all over the world here, but I do know there are a few that are in GA and AL and may be able to spread the word or know of someone that might be a good fit.

I think what gets me most is that she reminds me a little of my Mille and what she might look like if she gets to that age.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.