Survivors-After the Rainbow Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

vitalsignusa

Boxer Booster
I have a question for anyone who has been through this before. I'm worried about Luna. She misses Sawyer so much. She's not eating alot and for our tubby girl that is unusual but I did expect it. She's been chewing on a lot of grass. She's so used to having him here with her during the day. I don't know what to do for her. Any ideas?

SILLY6PAK

Boxer Insane
Give her time. Just like humans, they grieve and it takes time. I think it is natural and however sad, a process to be gone through. Maybe in te future you can both open your hearts to a new fur baby.

I am sorry for your loss.

Rocky's-Mom

Super Boxer
When we lost Rocky in Feb to a year battle with cancer our 10 yr old daschund was lost. We felt so bad for him because he would do the howling or crying thing. We gave him extra attention but you could sure see he was morning the loss of our sweet Rocky. We decided to get another boxer...more for Tobey than oursleves at the time but in some ways I felt guilty getting a new boxer baby so quickly but she sure filled the emptiness in our home and lives. Hang in there and things will get better.....

WeasleRocky

Completely Boxer Crazy
1st of all I'd like to just say hang in there things do get easier and time does heal all the pain...

After we lost our Tyson our chihuahua who had always had him around was so depressed, she was not her same old self... but as time went by she adjusted and she's doing fine now.. as to how long it takes, I guess just like people they are all different in their healing/grieving time... so just lots of extra kisses, cuddles and love will do your baby just fine...

it all takes time...

my prayers are with you...

ELubas

Boxer Insane
As others have said they grieve just like us and can get depressed. My boy was so sad when we lost his baby sister it broke my heart. He seemed to like to lay with her things-blankets, toys, as I think he was comforted by her scent. I would leave it all out for him while we were gone and I did not wash anything so he could have that comfort for awhile. It took a good month before he was anywhere near back to normal. Some dogs are so sensitive :(We took up obedience again and I think that time with me being occupied helped. It is very sad to watch. I'm sorry for your loss and hope your pup feels better soon.

finnigan31

Boxer Booster
Same problem

We are going through the exact same thing with Rock, we lost Bonnie just last week & Rock is so sad & bewildered. He won't let us out of his sight, I think he is afraid we are going to go away too, it really is heartbreaking. I now think I made the wrong decision in not taking him with us to say goodbye to Bonnie. He has never been an only dog so it is very distressing for him to be on his own now.
I also think that like Rock senses with us Luna will be sensing that you are very unhappy, if you can & I know how hard this is try to be happy & playful around Luna.
We take Rock out where we know there will be other dogs for him to play with & he seems happier then, maybe you could try this with Luna, I think this will help in the long run. Good luck xxx

dogqueen

Boxer Booster
Rocky lost his friend Buster a couple of months ago. The first few days were really hard because we knew that Rocky was looking for Buster in places Buster always was. Rocky also didn't eat or want to play. After about a week Rocky slowly started to get back to his playful self.

catcrazy56

Boxer Insane
WE lost Harley last month and Foreman was really sad I had a puppy ordered before Harley passed but put it on hold when Harley got sick my breeder was going to keep him anyway but told me we could still have him if I wanted him both dh and I decided to take him since he was Harleys nephew and Foreman loves him to death partly because he is so much like Harley.

Status
Not open for further replies.