1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super-Gassy Pup, Help!

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by RBabyMaximus, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RBabyMaximus

RBabyMaximus Banned

Anyone have a brand of food that helps the *Gas Issue*? Our dog is *gassing* us out of the house! LOL! 8) He is eating Pedigree for Puppies right now....Anyone find one that causes less gas? Thanks!

2. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

You need to feed a better food. It usually helps. Usually the better the food the less gas. You could also try adding a little yogurt to the food.

3. bunkermom

bunkermom Boxer Insane

Pedigree Puppy??

Have you done a search here on quality kibble? Pedigree is a very bad quality food, bad for his health and digestive system.

I suggest doing a search for a better quality food. The WDJ list is a great place to start, any of the foods listed there would be infinitely better than what you are feeding now. Many of the foods are comparable or less in price than low quality brands of kibble and much better for your puppy.

When you do find a new food make sure to buy a small bag incase it doesnt agree with your puppy. Also remember to have some of the Pedigree Puppy left so you can gradually mix it for the first week or so, you dont want your puppy to have an upset tummy.

Just a bit of advice...Alot of times if you do a search here on Boxerworld you will find the answer to your question...about a million times over!!!!

Good Luck with your food search! :) It is worth it to your puppy's long term health!

Autumn

4. Zannie

Zannie Completely Boxer Crazy

food does make a huge differance madie used to be very gassy and i always fed her good kibble so it depends on her what food will work, right now mine are on merrick wildnerness blend and solid gold sea meal sup. i still her the gas but there is no smell....

ann

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.