Sun Screen for dogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxiesMom

Boxer Pal
A friend of mine asked me if there is anything that can be used to protect protect her boxer puppy from getting sunburn on his nose and lips. I didn't have an answer. Anyone? Are there products out there or something homemade that will work?

Thank you.

BetsyB

Boxer Insane
Any "baby" sunscreen is usually hypoallergenic, and doesn't contain harmful chemicals. I just use that! Much cheaper than doggie sunscreen, and won't hurt them at all if they should lick it...

ncwingnut

Boxer Booster
We use the regular baby sunscreen on both the dogs and the horses. The horses get terrible, terrible sunburn on their muzzles without it.

RMC Mom

Boxer Pal
I use the Coppertone Water Babies sunscreen on my white boxer. It's great because it comes in a lotion spray can which is so much easier than rubbing it all over his body. I also use same brand sunscreen stick for his face...around his ears, nose and lips. That way I don't spray the other lotion in his eyes. It works great on his sensitive skin!! I also just got a 3 pack of the baby sunscreen at BJ's for $10 so that will last me more than all summer!! Much more affordable than puppy specific sunscreen and just as safe and affective!

Good luck to your friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.