1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sudden onset of golf ball size lump?

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by boxrmommy, May 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boxrmommy

boxrmommy Boxer Booster

I am visiting my mom-in-law for couple days in Texas and dog sitter messages me that Poppy has a lump under her ribcage that she did not notice before. Not alarmed at this point, but then she said it is larger than a gold ball and hard; non-fatty. I called and asked if it was a bee sting or bite. She is concerned that it could be part of a toy. I called Animal ER and gave them my cc number - hoping to hear something soon.

I vaguely recall reading sudden onset of lump/mass in boxers. Has anyone had this experience or know of sudden onset?

Prayers for sweet Poppy who just celebrated her first birthday.

2. luvmyboy

luvmyboy Boxer Insane

No experience here. Definitely praying for your Poppy & you, too.

3. boxrmommy

boxrmommy Boxer Booster

Update and picture

It has never felt so good to be home. Flight was delayed and baggage was held up, but I had two happy dogs to see me. ER Vet did xray and biopsy of the lump. She said it was fluid but crunchy. She is on Clavimox & Novo with hot compresses every 4-6 hours.

The lump is at the base of her ribcage where her incision was for spay. Definitely need to follow up with routine vet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.