1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sudden and horrible death of dwarf rabbits

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Keeroff, Oct 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. douma

douma Boxer Insane

There are many shops here in Athens,not exactly pet shops,and they sell except of roundly pet foods,flour,legumes,and RAT POISON and many other poisons.Usually they have only 2-3 grocer's scoops and use them from one bag to another,is similar the shop from which use to buy your rabbits food?
    Maybe something happened there,i don't mean that they use a scoop for the poisons,but maybe a little of poison dropped in the bag of food by accident

2. Keeroff

Keeroff Completely Boxer Crazy

i just made a phone call to my dad. he went to the pet store and descibed everything..... the owner claimed he had not a clue about all these facts and that the rabbits he has at the shop right now dont have any problem. im still suspicious though.i have to find a way to have the food tested.

3. BeckyNC

BeckyNC Boxer Insane

Keeroff--I'm so sorry about your rabbits. It does sound as if they were poisoned. There must be some way to send the food to a toxicology lab to be tested. Please keep us posted on what you find out...

4. douma

douma Boxer Insane

I have head that everyone could send a food to be tested at the Himeio tou Kratous.You could call Prostasia tou katanaloti and they would give you the information

5. Keeroff

the vet at Corfu said "At the Himeio tou Kratous, they wont bother for such details and wont do anything.."

6. Slobber Baby

Slobber Baby Banned

I'm still so very sorry! Give Keeroff slobbery kisses from Bubba and Bella :) and <<<hugs>>> to you!

Laura

7. Keeroff

thanks Laura :)
    he didnt even had the chance to know them well, to love them, to play with them.i guess that is good because he wont miss them.... the experiences with them were only few.. you know them from the other thread and the photos(maybe)
    still cant believe it

8. Keeroff

a dream

I had a dream last night...
    i was passing in front of their cages and saw a white rabbit. i was getting such a suprised look in my face but i didnt tell anyone, they would think im crazy.that happened 3 times. then i approached the cage and saw there was really a white rabbit there but it wasnt Sotiris. i assumed it was the rabbit of another man who was moving out from the block of flats.(dreams are crazy..) anyway, i was sad to see it wasnt Sotiris. Then i approached the cages and i saw there was Sotiris too!!! and suddenly there were Sotiris,Keeco and Lazarus there with the other white rabbit!!! i ran and told my father. we were looking at them and hugging them. we were so happy!! we were screaming that they hadnt died, that they were just kidnapped for sometime and then returned back to us..... and then................. i woke up!!!!!!!!!!!
    :( :( :(

9. Keeroff

i think that dream was the proof that i havent accepted their loss....
    and the other white rabbit maybe it was my best friend's white rabbit(even though it wasnt the same in the dream) that will always remind me i lost my rabbits at such an early age.....
    i have 3 books about rabbits.... none of them has a disease similar to what happened to them..........

10. Keeroff

guilts....

im back to Corfu again.... :S things didnt work out at Thessaloniki.. i guess im unwanted everywhere because i have a dog...(anyway.......... in 3 months all these will stop when i will move to Athens)
    Anywayz, im back to all the memories.. i saw the empty cages... a balcony with no rabbits... photos of my rabbits......

im full of guilts. i know i didnt do everything i could for them. and even if im not responsible for their loss, i feel guilty because when they were alive i wasnt giving them the best life they could have..... :(
    i dont want to excuse myself but the truth is that because of school reasons and money reasons and parents reasons i didnt do the best i could do for them :(
    so, now im wondering....... should get another dwarf rabbit and give him EVERYTHING i can? and do everything i didnt do for them? :confused:
    i dont know what to do....

im thinking of posting a new thread about the best way i can raise a dwarf rabbit(about if i can manage to have it free in the house and teach him/her not to potty all over the house...) i cant have another rabbit in a cage..... :(

i still dont know what happened to Sotiris,Lazarus and Keeco.....
    do you think it is bad to have another rabbit after their loss?i mean ethically...
    is it wrong??if i have another own and give him/her more than i was giving to them......??? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.