Struggle to urinate

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxrmommy

Boxer Booster
Hello. I am puzzled with Bentley's urination or lack of. We have an appointment this evening, but I am curious if anyone has experienced this.

On Friday night he was treated for hives and started prednisone and increased benadryl. As expected he is eatting more and drinking LOTS of water. Problem is he gets in his "pee" stance and nothing for about 30 seconds. He starts to go, but it is more like a spray. The red tip comes out (straining?)and now he has a light stream that is backwards towards his back paws. His stance gets lower and lower and doesn't seem to get a "normal" stream.

Ugh, his appointment can't come soon enough. Anyone ever experience this?

LILYLARUE

Boxer Insane
Awe, poor guy. My boy had this issue when he had a UTI. He would have a discharge that would gunk up his opening, causing the spray effect and it was harder for him to pee. Wondering if that is all it is. I also wonder if antibiotics cause UTI's in dogs like they do in humans? The steriod should have him peeing more frequently, not less. So sounds like another issue is going on. Hope its a simple fix!

boxrmommy

Boxer Booster
I caved - went to doctor early. Urinalysis came back okay. Bentley's bladder is so full that his muscles are having a hard time releasing.

The vet on Friday night and today are concerned about his heart murmur. The vet today explained that Bentley has a lot of blood slushing around instead of the thump thump sound of the valves closing. Xray (yes,we did xray)shows that he has a large heart. Next stop - cardiologist.

Sad that we lost Cooper at such a young age 11 months ago. I Bentley is with me for a LONG time. Miss Molly js going to be 11 next week!

ColePaityn

Boxer Buddy
My 5 month old has had UTI and her levels wont go down. We have her on Vitamin C to help out.

This happened also to my Daisy that we put to sleep in November. She wasn't able to urinate or have bowel movements. Turned out she had a tumor the size of a softball blocking her up.

Hope all goes well for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.