Stress test needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

My Boxer

Boxer Insane
Thanks for the good thoughts and healing vibes. The stress test was positive. But my cardiologist thinks that it may have been a false positive. I will have a special type of ct scan on my heart. He wants to make sure that there are no blockages. He feels that my symptoms were due to my blood pressure. So, I have some new medications, and am adjusting to them. This has been the worst and most scariest week of my life. I much prefer being the nurse rather than the patient! But with my good friends here at BW, I will get by. And little Scooter has just been at his worst due to lack of excersie. He has been dropping his ball on me wanting to play, plopping down next to me and sighing, or chasing the cat, while I am trying to rest! I can't wait to get back to normal!

Indy's mom

Boxer Insane
I'm so sorry that you are having to go thru all of this, please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Now for something a bit more concrete. I can't help you with the physical, but I would be more than happy to help out with Scooter!

I know we can't exchange names, phone nos. anything on this site for many good reasons. Hwve, we can thru the daycare site. I will contact Todd and let him know that it is OK to give you my name and all contact info. Or we could simply meet up at PetSmart or the like. Whatever would work for you.

I work everyday during the week, but would be very happy to take Scooter for a few hours in the evening, let him and Indy wear each other out! Same with the weekend. Don't worry, my house and yard are completely dog-proof.

If you are interested, say the word. I'll contact Todd this morning. Would really like to help any way I can.

Sandy

Last edited:

My Boxer

Boxer Insane
I'm so sorry that you are having to go thru all of this, please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Now for something a bit more concrete. I can't help you with the physical, but I would be more than happy to help out with Scooter!

I know we can't exchange names, phone nos. anything on this site for many good reasons. Hwve, we can thru the daycare site. I will contact Todd and let him know that it is OK to give you my name and all contact info. Or we could simply meet up at PetSmart or the like. Whatever would work for you.

I work everyday during the week, but would be very happy to take Scooter for a few hours in the evening, let him and Indy wear each other out! Same with the weekend. Don't worry, my house and yard are completely dog-proof.

If you are interested, say the word. I'll contact Todd this morning. Would really like to help any way I can.

Sandy
Oh Sandy how thoughtful and kind. I shall give this some serious thought. We go to see Todd on Tuesday for Scooter's temperment eval. I hope he passes. I think he will, he always wants to play and is friendly, and full of energy, but I am biased. I hope that if he passes, then I can send him to daycare till I feel better. Thank you so much for your kind offer and prayers.

Indy's mom

Boxer Insane
I'm sure Scooter will pass and will be welcomed with open arms, hopefully giving you one less thing to worry about. But the offer stands regardless! After all, it would benefit Indy and I at least as much as you and Scooter.

Please take care of yourself, know that we are all pulling for you here!

Indy's mom

Boxer Insane
We go to see Todd on Tuesday for Scooter's temperment eval. .

I sent an email to Todd confirming that it was okay to pass along my contact info to you when you go in for eval with Scooter. He will do so, but asked me to let you know that your eval is on WEDNESDAY, not TUESDAY. He's closed on Tuesday's.

My Boxer

Boxer Insane
Was your strees test a nuclear stress test or the regular one? My doc sent me directly to the nuclear stress test because many women come up with a false positive result with the regular one. My symtpoms are due to a combination of weight,high blood pressure and a hiatal hernia. I hate getting older. LOL......it takes way too much work to stay in shape.
Nuclear stress test. And so far my results are very similer to your's. But have to wait till all tests are in. I was also told that big boobs also affect the results! Man, I can't win. Getting old sucks! :LOL:

My Boxer

Boxer Insane
Well so far my coronary arteries are clear, still waiting for all the test results to come in. Of course my doctor is on vacation, so have to wait. But he thinks this was all because of my BP, and has adjusted my meds. But I had an allergic reaction to one or both of them. I am quite miserable with a bright red itchy rash. I am taking benadryl to calm it down. but it doesn't help much. All I can do is scratch, doze off, and say, "Scooter stop that". Can't wait to take him back to daycare for some rest! He is going to go on Wed.

Indy's mom

Boxer Insane
.... Can't wait to take him back to daycare for some rest! He is going to go on Wed.
Too cool, Indy will be there tomorrow too! At last they'll meet. I'll have to be sure to ask Todd and Jolene how they get along.

Bummer about the allergic reaction, but it sounds par for the course that it would be when the doc is on vacation. Take it easy and if you need a break...dial the phone, Scooter can come and hang out over here!

Status
Not open for further replies.