1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stray puppy: What breed is it? Collie mix? (PIC)

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by peanutbutter, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Boxer Buddy

Leslie :) thanks for the smile.

Daisy and Oreo are chewing bully sticks right now... or should I say, they keep chewing the same one together. Daisy has been a little excited, but she has reined it in well. I'm proud of her.

Went to town this morning & my 4yo picked Oreo a tag, collar, and lead. Hopefully she won't get lost ever again... if she stays with us. (I am so bad at not getting attached)

2. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Boxer Buddy

Home from the vet. Oreo had moderate hook and round worms. Not too bad overall, eh. She started her vaccinations & she even got a dose of frontline free for being such a cutie (okay, they give one away to all 'new pets'). I'm gonna hold off on the frontline for a week or so though because she is so young.

She weighed in at 7lbs & is estimated at 8wks.The vet guessed at her genetics (collie in there somewhere, she agreed) but figures we might find out more as she grows. She did say she expects her to be a medium/medium-large dog when Oreo is full grown which works for us. (I'd worry too much about Daisy and a small sized dog)

The lady at the desk gave me an extra receipt as proof of her vaccines,etc... She suggested that I ask to be reimbursed for the vet visit if her owners turn up... does that sound normal? I'm not sure how to approach something like that.

3. Cami

Cami Boxer Insane

Too cute! I'm glad she found you.
    *IF* an owner comes looking for her you can for sure ask to be reimbursed for your expenses. You could tell them that you saved her life by not taking her to a shelter and they don't have to compensate you for boarding!

4. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Boxer Buddy

I see your point Cami... I suppose it's not too much to ask, but it does sound awkward... Hey, I found your dog & you owe me $$ or you can't have it back...

Took some more pics & thought I'd share....

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/diasmall/OreoYawn.jpg
    http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/diasmall/HPIM7069.jpg
    http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/diasmall/HPIM7068.jpg
    http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/diasmall/DaisyOreo.jpg <--OREO & DAISY! (gosh she is teeny tiny by comparison)

Are we agreed... cutest (non-boxer) puppy ever!

eta: yes the grass is totally dead. Someone send us some rain.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  5. Caney Creek

Caney Creek Boxer Insane

My GOSH she is so stinkin cute!!! That first pic and the last one had me giggling out loud :D That little face looking up at you when she's sitting next to Daisy is adorable!!

I can relate about the grass, ours looks the same way right now =/

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  6. Sansal

Sansal Boxer Insane

Please keep the pictures coming :) I love the one of the two of them together, so pretty lovicon

7. sasmeow

sasmeow Boxer Insane

She looks like she has mostly border collie in her. Hard to tell what else. Too bad she can't talk :) She's a cutie! Im so happy you rescued her and she is getting along good with your baby appicon

8. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Boxer Buddy

...another jack russel suggestion. hmmm, a cross between a border collie and a jack russel.... talk about a Hyper dog. lol. Like yall suggested, maybe time will tell more of her secrets.

Thus far Oreo is still with us. She's making herself cozy, potty training well (only 2 piddles in the house all week, I swear Daisy told her the 'rules'!) She plays so cute, although she is a little ankle biter. I've nearly stepped on her dozens of times...

My kids adore her. I keep finding my 4yo trying to lay with her on the dog bed. :) My 6yo is so proud that he can pick her up 'right'. (Daisy came to us quite a bit bigger & they couldn't carry her)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  9. DiverDiva

DiverDiva Boxer Insane

I second those comments!

Maybe she is a smooth coated Border Collie. Agility, anyone?

10. Terriedogs

Terriedogs Boxer Buddy

I'm in the country about a mile from the freeway. We get dumped dogs here all the time. It's very sad. We have tons of coyotes here. Only the big ones make it to my house.

I wish I could see the pictures. For some reason I can't get anything from photobucket. It always says "Failure to Connect".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.