1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stray puppy: What breed is it? Collie mix? (PIC)

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by peanutbutter, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Boxer Buddy

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o41/diasmall/PBpuppy.jpg

My husband named her before I could get to his shop to clean her up. This is "Paintbrush". She is maybe 7 or 8lbs. Looks to be about 7-12 weeks old. Eyes & gums look good. She can eat TOTW okay, so I assume she was weaning/weaned.

No idea who she belongs too... she was literally in the middle of nowhere when she walked out of the woods at my husbands shop. Acres of nothing... I'm going to list a found ad on CL.

This little girl was horribly flea infested & a bit dirty... I've bathed her and made an appt with Daisy's vet for tomorrow afternoon to get her started on shots & wormed. Right now the sweetie is quarantined in a bathroom. Oh, and she is familiar with humans.

She is mostly black with white flash on her face, chest, legs, and the tip of her tail. My first thought was a border collie mix...

Curious if anyone has any other ideas..

Thanks,
    -PB

2. Sansal

Sansal Boxer Insane

No idea what breed but she is a cutie! Are you going to keep her if no one claims her?

3. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Boxer Buddy

I wasn't 'looking' to adopt another but, If no one claims her AND her and Daisy (my boxer) get along... it is very likely she will find her home with us.

I do kinda have a thing with 2's.... 2 sons, 2 birds, 2 gerbils, and this little girl would make 2 dogs too... lol.

Welcome to my zoo.

4. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Boxer Buddy

5. nalabear

nalabear Super Boxer

she looks like she has some type of cattle dog in her. she is very pretty though. sad that she would be left like that.

6. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Boxer Buddy

I know what you mean Jaxon... I told my husband to keep an eye out for any of her brothers or sisters... tempted to set live traps. So far I haven't gotten any response to my ads & I really doubt anyone is looking for her. This is the 3rd dog that has just wandered up to the his work hoping for food. The previous two pups got re homed with a coworker.

We intro'd her to Daisy (Daisy is on Comfortis & Interceptor), so far they have been getting along. Daisy follows her around & didn't even mind sharing her food dish. They played a little & even took a nap side by side... :)

Oh, and her new name is Oreo.

7. Caney Creek

Caney Creek Boxer Insane

Well it sounds like she will be well taken care of in her new home with her new big sister Daisy. :D hehe. Not a clue what she might be mixed with but she is darned cute.

8. BoxerMoments

BoxerMoments Super Boxer

I like the name oreo.. it fits her well. :) Also, if you do end up keeping her you could always get a DNA test done to see what breed or breed mix she is. From what I've read on here it's not an expensive thing to do.

9. Sansal

Sansal Boxer Insane

Congratulations, Oreo! Looks like you found your new forever home :)

10. RoxiesEcho

RoxiesEcho Boxer Insane

She sure is a cutie! Just looking at her ears, I almost see some boxer - maybe just because that's what I'm used to seeing on here! It's so hard to figure things out when breeds get mixed together. We once had a coon hound show up at our house. She was terribly underweight but hugely pregnant. She had 15 puppies and none of them looked alike. We had long haired white ones, short and long haired brown ones and a bunch of short haired combinations of black, white & brown. But all were adorable!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.