1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

strange bumps on puppy

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by MariaGL, Jun 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MariaGL

MariaGL Boxer Pal

Hi guys,
    My boxer puppy Oliver is just about 6 months old. A couple weeks ago I noticed a weird bump between his shoulder blades that eventually crusted over and kind of peeled off, taking a chunk of hair with it. Now it's totally gone. A couple of days ago I noticed 2 more similar bumps on the top of his neck that have also peeled off and taken a chunk of hair with it. Even though it peeled off the 2 bumps are still there and are slightly pink, but didn't bleed or anything. Now my poor puppy has 3 little bald spots about the size of a pencil eraser! Wondering if this is allergies? He's already on Blue Buffalo's high protein, grain free puppy food. We live in the desert so I don't think it's insect or environmental allergies. Anyone else have any experience with this or suggestions on how to handle it?

Thanks!
    Maria

2. rrboxer

rrboxer Super Boxer

I haven't experienced a problem like that with either of my boxers I would take your boxer to vet just in case. Better to be safe than sorry. Good Luck! :0)

3. Demismom

Demismom Boxer Booster

Lucy has one those, right behind her leafy ear on her neck. It's just stabbing over. My dh asked the vet and said he thinks she said its called a horn or something like that and that it's harmless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.