1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

strange ? about Annie's NOSE LOL

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by cascel, Jul 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cascel

cascel Boxer Booster

I don't see very many boxers where I live and was just curious about Annie and her ummm physical traits I guess......

Last night we saw a woman selling boxers on the side of the road (ACK!!! not good, but I didn't wanna yell at her in front of her kids) - she had a 14 mth old boy (brindle) OMG he was MASSIVE - I thought Annie was big but DANG!!!

Annie is the runt of a litter of 10 (YUP I said TEN puppies) - and as of July 1 (1 day b4 her 1st b-day) she weighed 48.4 lbs - is that ok in relation to boxers - or could it just be that she is just going to be "petite" in boxer standards - if you click on my gallery you can see some pics of Annie - I guess after seeing this MASSIVE boy (I realize that boys are larger than girls, but his face and nose were so different from Annie's)

Annie's nose isn't very "smushed up" - she's 1 yr old now, will it "smush up" more? How much more "may" she grow if any?

I love my petite baby, after seeing this 14mth old boy last night my curisity got the better of me

She had a 9-wk old reverse brindle female there - sooooooo cute, I tried really hard to get dh to bring this "friend" home for Annie - the woman actually said to us, "I'm asking $225 for her, but if you'll just take her home right now, I'll only charge $200"

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - she just wanted to be rid of the pups - poor things!

2. JulieM

JulieM Boxer Insane

48 lbs. at 1 year isn't too small for a female - she's probably got some filling out to do yet so will pick up a few pounds in the next year or so. My 5 1/2 year old bitch is 48 lbs. at show weight, she's on the smaller side but within standard.

As for her head - generally by a year the head has come back basically to what it's going to be; there may be some slight changes but a longer muzzle will likely remain a longer muzzle. The ideal Boxer muzzle is 1/3 the length of the entire head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.