STILL has the runs... is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammynDqtz

Boxer Insane
Not sure if this belongs here or not, but ...
I dropped my 5 year old female mixed breed off at the kennel Feb 27 thru March 1'st. She left with normal poo, but came back with REALLY bad runs!!! :eek:
After making a big big mess in the house, I got a 5 day supply of pills to help with it (from the vet).
She ate the last of the pills yesterday night and she STILL has pretty mushy, runny poos! :confused: WHY??
Everything else is normal. When will it stop?
I had her on a diet of white rice and some yogurt for a couple days but now have started getting things back to normal.
Any advice would be great!

Krikkit

Boxer Insane
I'm not sure why really, but a wild guess would be that it might be stress related. If so, it should settle down now that she is home and her stress levels decrese. Another wild guess is that maybe she was on a different food when boarding and that may have upset her ....

What does your vet think?

I hope your baby is back to normal soon. Hugs to her.

Sharon

SammynDqtz

Boxer Insane
When I went to the vets 5 days ago for the pills, she said it was prob stress related. It just seems kinda long... (she was also on a different food while there) It' just seems like it's taking SO long to get back to normal! I hope that's all it is.

SammynDqtz

Boxer Insane
She seems to be doing a little better last night and today, hopefully it's on it's way to getting better for good.

sashamom

Boxer Insane
Your poor baby!! We don't kennel ours, but i have a gf that does and she takes their food so not to change that as well!! The rice is a good thing on sensitive tummies...might want to add some boiled chicken too to give some protein!! Keep us posted!!
Sasha, Telmar and Lisa

harley03

Completely Boxer Crazy
Our vet recommended 1 tablespoon of kaeopectate twice daily for about 3 days. This really seemed to help Harley when he had the runs not too long ago. I also put him on a boiled chicken and rice diet with either a tablespoon of pumpkin or some natural yogart, no treats. He had the runs for quite a while, I got him to drink lots of water and when I noticed he had not been drinking much I'd throw him some ice to munch on.
Hope your baby feels better soon.

Rowdy Boys

Completely Boxer Crazy
Were the pills she was taking called Flagyl? That's the common name for it, but it has a longer, more medical sounding name as well. Magnum had the runs about a month ago and the vet gave him five days worth of pills. His runs cleared up within 24-36 hours.

It sounds like it was stress related and I would venture to say the change in food - while she was there and when she came home contributed to it as well.

I am glad to hear she's doing better. I hope she continues to improve.

Brenda

Raynor

Boxer Pal
Our dog always has the runs for at least a few days after being boarded. I'm not sure if it's stress or the change in food, but it always stops after a few days. It seems the longer he stays at the kennel, the longer he has the runs for.

Status
Not open for further replies.