1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Startled boxer = 2 fractures in hand

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by boxrmommy, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ileana

Ileana Boxer Booster

Ouch! I am so sorry you got hurt... I hope you heal well and without any long term issues.

The best healing is laughter - or so they say, so I will share my experience with boxer-induced trauma, for your amusement.

Lara was roughly 1 year old when this happened... I came home late from work one night, and in the subsequent exhuberance, I leaned down to pet her, and she jumped up to kiss me. We bumped heads, really hard. Knocked a tooth out of my mouth, hit me hard in the jaw / ear area, and the cheekbone.

DH took me to the dentist, ER, xrays, etc. Next day I called in sick, for obvious reasons.

The following day I went back to work, half the face black and blue, eye swollen, etc.

But the funniest thing was that my colleagues gathered around me towards the end of the day and counseled me on what to do to get out of an abusive marriage. You see, they never believed me that the boxer did it, they thought DH was beating me! DH is the sweetest, kindest human being ever... Years later, I am still in touch with some of them, we still laugh about it... they keep apologizing to hubby.

And I learned the hard way - never lean down to greet an exhuberant boxer!

2. MayaDiane

MayaDiane Boxer Pal

Dragged to the veterinarian

When I took my boxer girl to the vet I got her out of the car and looped her leash around my wrist. She spotted her reflection in the glass door of the vet's office and immediately took off toward it. She wanted to play with "the other boxer" and before I could react all 58 pounds of her took off running and me trying to keep up. I stumbled and fell on the heels of my hands and on my knees and my glasses flew off. My jeans were ripped, my knuckles were bleeding and my knee scraped. Thank goodness I wasn't seriously hurt. I was shocked at her strength considering that I am 5'10" with an average build. Lesson learned: always expect the unexpected when your boxer is on the leash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.