1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Speaking of Boxers and cats...

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by cama, Jan 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cama

cama Boxer Booster

Just a while ago, I was lying on my bed reading. Ponza was quietly playing with a toy nearby and the Gabby the cat was nothing more than a small lump under the comforter. Ponza decided he wanted my attention, so he put his front paws up on the side of the bed and did his best Chewbacca imitation. Suddenly, the cat, who was upset by Ponza's too near presence, started her low moan. Ponza jumped back and looked right at the lump, but was totally confused because he could hear her, but couldn't figure out where she was. He kept jumping up, running around the bed, all the time with his ears alert and doing the whole "head cock" thing.

I could have watched the show all day, but alas, I do have other things to do! :) They might never get along, but at least I'm getting some entertainment!

Charlene

2. Jaime&Louie

Jaime&Louie Super Boxer

That's funny!!! I love the head cock thing... it drives them crazy when they can't figure out where sounds are coming from! hee hee...

3. hogan's mom

hogan's mom Super Boxer

I can picture that one! I try not to let the cats get under the covers when Hogan is out and about. I know he would jump up on the bed and jack hammer the lump. He does it to our feet. :p

4. frankied

frankied Boxer Insane

Angel does the same thing except it's Frank who is hiding under the covers! Quite the entertainment!

Christa

5. BooBoo & Riley

BooBoo & Riley Completely Boxer Crazy

My cat Riley doesn't like to be too close to the dogs either, but once in a while when the dogs are sleeping, he'll sneak up to their butts and sniff them. I think I have a strange cat...:o

6. tls1028

tls1028 Boxer Booster

Dutch just takes off after the cat as soon as he sees her...He jackhammered her once and now she has gotten quite good at hiding from him when he's near. But if is nose leads him in the wrong direction he gets a hiss...he knows now and comes pouting to me as to say "mommy?...did you hear what she just called me??? :( "

7. Faughtey

Faughtey Banned

I recently got a barn cat and named her Shawnee. She really wants to be friends with the horses and dogs. She was laying on her side letting the dogs sniff and poke their noses in her face. Boru got a little too nosy and poked his nose where dogs sniff each other. :eek: Shawnee disappeared in a flash, quite disturbed by the big guys gesture. They are really fun to watch.:D

8. CoastCrazy

CoastCrazy Guest

That's too funny - I can just see him, cocking his head, trying to figure out what that noisy lump IS!!! Trixxie hasn't figured out WHAT cats are yet, some she has met don't care about her, and some are typical and attack.

I think she just thinks they're furry dogs that move funny!

She does the head cock thing when she hears dogs on the TV - it's too precious!

Ciao!

Linda & Trixxie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.