1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spaying

Discussion in 'Boxer Anatomy and Physiology' started by jw2912, May 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jw2912

jw2912 Boxer Pal

I sent my baby in to get spayed yesterday. The vet called and said your honey was doing fine, but we had a problem when we put her to sleep she stopped breathing for ten to twelve minutes. we had to use a breather to get her back . Now my question is do we try again at a animal hospital that has the equipment or do we say forget and just enjoy my zoey and advice we be greatly apprectiated. :( :( :(

2. JulieM

JulieM Boxer Insane

I would first of all find out exactly why she stopped breathing and what kind of pre-anesthetic they used on her (sounds like it could have been an acepromazine reaction). Until you know what the problem is, it's hard to make a decision on whether to try the surgery again. (And, even if you decide not to, you'll need to know what happened in the event she needs emergency surgery at some point.)

3. Aimee

Aimee Boxer Insane

I too think it sounds like a reaction to acepromazine. Please let us know what you find out!

4. jw2912

jw2912 Boxer Pal

No it was not ACE i made sure before we scheduled the procedure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.