Something you found helpful after CCL Repair surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocco's Mom

Super Boxer
We had Rocco's stitches out yesterday and she did feel that an infection was brewing and put him on Clamavox to prevent it from getting full blown. I feel bad it is partly my fault he probably should have had the stitches out a couple days sooner but I can't get him in the car myself right now. I had to wait for dh to get home from a business trip. I think they were really pulling which was causing him to lick. Now that they are out he really hasn't bothered it much at all and it looks much better today than yesterday. We have also been putting triple antibiotic on it he had a little dermatitis which has improved greatly already.

I spoke to them about the Rimadyl and they did say if we use it long term we'd have to monitor his liver and kidney enzymes. I think for now we'll stick with it for a couple more weeks and end it. I'll use it as needed as I have over the last year but that'll be it. He's on Dasuquin and we are going to start a fish oil so he should be fine without the Rimadyl (I hope)

Thanks again for all of your helpful advice. It is greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.